5 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, OH
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fremont area, with 2 in Fremont and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fremont is $3,546 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Fremont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fremont 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sandusky with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fremont, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fremont, OH
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fremont
The city of Fremont rests on the west bank of the Sandusky River. It’s the county seat of Sandusky County and about 25 miles from Toledo. Although many of Fremont’s businesses are agricultural, the county claims notable manufacturing companies including Heinz USA, Whirlpool Corporation and Lear.
Adults aged 65 and over make up about 14% of Fremont’s population of 16,700. For those who need personal support assistance in a homelike environment, the city provides two assisted living facilities, with an additional three communities in nearby Clyde and Green Springs. In Ohio, assisted living homes are licensed as residential care facilities (RCFs). The Ohio Department of Health licenses and regulates RCFs in Fremont and every other part of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fremont
- Seniors in Freemont are not taxed by the state on their Social Security benefits. As a rule, pension income is also exempt. Retirees may claim a tax credit of up to $200 on other types of retirement income, including IRAs, 401(k)s and public and private pensions.
- Fremont’s overall cost of living is about 23% lower than the national average. This is good news for seniors on tight budgets. Housing and transportation costs are especially low, but retirees will also save on groceries, utilities and healthcare.
- The Fremont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including ProMedica Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fremont typically gets some kind of precipitation 126 days per year. This includes 36 inches of rain on average and 24 inches of snow. Seniors who enjoy outdoor actives year-round may find this hard to deal with, especially when combined with the excessively humid summers.
- An extremely high property crime rate in Fremont of 78.5 out of 100 may concern seniors and their loved ones. This is far higher than the national average of 35.4. The violent crime ranking in Fremont is 13.4, lower than the U.S. average of 22.7.
- The Fremont area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership, an organization that provides daily lunches, social and educational activities, fitness classes and medical assessments for those aged 60 and over.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fremont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Fremont start around $3,546 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fremont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fremont
Fremont seniors eligible for Medicaid may be able to receive financial aid to help offset the costs of selected services in an assisted living facility through Ohio's Assisted Living Waiver Program. While the program does not cover room and board, it does pay for personal care, medication assistance and housekeeping.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fremont
Fremont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fremont, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fremont
Fremont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fremont
Review of Rutherford House
I toured Rutherford House. It was nice and like a smaller version of another place I visited. They had 38 or 40 residents. They had a place where they could put puzzles together, a little library, ... Read more