5 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, OH
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fremont area, with 2 in Fremont and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fremont is $3,546 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,465. Cheaper nearby regions include Clyde with an average starting cost of $2,010.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fremont. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fremont 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bowling Green with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fremont, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Fremont, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fremont
Fremont, the seat of Sandusky County, is a small town known for hosting cultural events throughout the year. Seniors, who make up 14.2% of the 16,000 people here, have many different outdoor and cultural activities to appreciate. They also have access to two assisted living facilities located within the city limits. These facilities in Fremont and other cities in Ohio are designated as residential care facilities (RCFs). Licenses are provided by the state's Bureau of Regulatory Operations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fremont
- Fremont hosts an abundance of cultural events throughout the year for local seniors to attend. Crop Circle Art & Music Festival features crafts, games and food every October, while the Fishing & Outdoor Festival hosts everything from animal exhibits to fishing contests.
- The cost of living in Fremont is very low compared to both the rest of the state and nation. The index rating is 77.1, 22.9 points lower than the USA average and 10.6 points lower than the Ohio average. This may make Fremont an attractive spot for seniors on a limited budget.
- Some seniors in Fremont may be able to put more of their income towards assisted living due to Ohio's tax policies. Social security is completely exempt from state tax. All other sources of retirement income, including public pensions, is taxed starting at a rate of 1.98%.
- The Fremont area is home to world-class medical facilities, including ProMedica Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fremont is considered a safe community with a violent crime rating of 13.4 which is five points lower than the Ohio average. Seniors worried about the security of their property, however, may be concerned with a property crime rating that's 43.1 points above the national average.
- Fremont has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership, an organization that provides activities, transportation and wellness services for seniors as well as two senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fremont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Fremont start around $3,546 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fremont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fremont
Seniors in Fremont who are eligible for Ohio's Medicaid system may be able to take advantage of the Assisted Living Waiver. This program helps pay for certain services, including medication management, skilled nursing and housekeeping, provided within licensed residential care facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fremont
Fremont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fremont, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fremont
Fremont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fremont
Review of Rutherford House
So far our experience with Rutherford House is fine. Their staff is pleasant and capable, and the rooms are small. The layout of the place is nice, it's in the shape of a U so it's easily traversed... Read more
Review of Rutherford House
I toured Rutherford House. It was nice and like a smaller version of another place I visited. They had 38 or 40 residents. They had a place where they could put puzzles together, a little library, ... Read more