3 Assisted Living Facilities in Tiffin, OH
Also serving communities of Fostoria.
The average cost of assisted living in Tiffin is $3,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tiffin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tiffin 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bucyrus with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tiffin, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tiffin
In 2018, Tiffin was recognized by the Arbor Day Foundation as a Tree City USA community for the 37th consecutive year. Seniors living in the area can enjoy the town's tree-filled beauty from one of Tiffin's three assisted living facilities or one of the two communities located nearby. These five communities, like all assisted living facilities in Ohio, are licensed and regulated by the Ohio Department of Health, to ensure residents have a safe place to call home.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tiffin
- Tiffin's overall cost of living is 12 percent lower than the national average and 3 percent lower than Ohio's average. Seniors might appreciate grocery bills that are lower than the state's average, but health care services and miscellaneous goods cost more than the U.S. average.
- Seniors who enjoy spending a lot of time outdoors might not appreciate Tiffin's winter weather. Snowfall is common and January lows reach 19 degrees Fahrenheit. Summers in Tiffin are pleasant, with high temperatures in July hovering around 85 degrees, making it easy for seniors to get out and about in the area.
- Seniors living in Tiffin should feel pretty comfortable navigating the city on their own — the city's crime rate is 15 percent lower than the Ohio average. Violent crime rates are lower than 75 percent of Ohio cities and 81 percent lower than the national average.
- The Tiffin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Health - Tiffin Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tiffin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Seneca County Commission on Aging, an organization that provides transportation and meals to seniors as well as one senior center.
- Seneca-Crawford Area Transportation (SCAT) offers door-to-door transportation to people throughout the Seneca County area, including seniors living in Tiffin. The Elderly and Disabled Pass provides discounts for ride fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tiffin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Tiffin start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tiffin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tiffin
Ohio has several programs to help seniors pay for assisted living costs including the MyCare Ohio Plan (MCOP) program, the Ohio Residential State Supplement program and the Assisted Living Waiver through the state's Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tiffin
Tiffin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tiffin, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tiffin
Tiffin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tiffin
Review of Seneca House
Seneca House has a lawn and a much nicer inner courtyard. There were benches, trees and grass in that area. We saw two different rooms which seem very nice, and they ranged from studios to the bigg... Read more
Review of Seneca House
They really care for their residents like family. Read more
Review of Elmwood Assisted Living at The Shawhan
I had been to Elmwood, and that is a wonderful place. I thought they were very caring. The people that I visited there had their own little suites. These folks were not as disabled as my parents we... Read more