7 Assisted Living Facilities near Clyde, OH
Also serving communities of Green Springs.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clyde area, with 2 in Clyde and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clyde. Better rated regions include Bellevue with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clyde, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Clyde, OH
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Clyde, OH
Assisted Living near Sandusky County, OH
More Options Near Clyde, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clyde
Officially designated as "Tree City" by the National Arbor Day Foundation, Clyde, Ohio, is a wonderful town for seniors who enjoy evening walks. The town has nine assisted living communities, and as residents of these properties, aging citizens receive 24-hour staff response and help to manage their normal activities of daily living (ADLs). Common ADLs include dressing and bathing, as well as taking some medication. All of Ohio's assisted living communities are overseen at the state level by the Ohio Department of Health’s Office of Health Assurance and Licensing, which inspects facilities for health and care standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clyde
- Clyde shares its weather with nearby Sandusky, where summers rarely get above 82 degrees Fahrenheit and winters can dip to 21 degrees Fahrenheit in December. The cold, dry air in winter can present problems for seniors with COPD or asthma, though the 16 inches of snow that falls here somewhat makes up for it. Clyde gets around 33 inches of rain a year, mostly in spring and fall.
- The cost of living in Clyde is a mixed lot. Health care and transportation both cost around 1 percent more than the average nationwide, while seniors who shop for their own groceries may pay up to 5 percent less than the national average.
- Wages in Ohio are taxed at the state level between 0.495 and 4.997 percent, plus another 0 to 3 percent from local income tax. SSI and many forms of retirement income are exempt from state taxes, however.
Crime in Clyde is less than half of the national rate in most categories. Seniors who enjoy evenings outdoors are generally safe in any part of town.
- Curb-to-curb transportation in Clyde is provided by TRIPS, which schedules bus routes around Sandusky County on demand. The service requires 24-hour notice for reliable scheduling, and door-to-door assistance is available on request.
- The Clyde area is home to world-class medical facilities, including ProMedica Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clyde
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Clyde start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clyde and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clyde
The state of Ohio's residential state supplement and Assisted Living Waiver program helps aging citizens pay for the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clyde
Clyde and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clyde, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clyde
Clyde-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.