34 Assisted Living Facilities near Brunswick, OH
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brunswick area, with 2 in Brunswick and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brunswick is $3,400 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include North Royalton with an average starting cost of $3,181.
To help you with your search, browse the 153 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brunswick. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brunswick 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Seven Hills with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brunswick, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brunswick, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brunswick
Brunswick, Ohio, is an ideal location for seniors, being named the best Ohio city to live in and ranked second highest in the entire nation in terms of livability. There are currently 4,079 seniors who call this great retirement spot home, some of whom may need extra help when it comes to the activities of daily living. For those seniors who require extra assistance, there are two assisted living facilities located within city limits, with 29 more in nearby communities.
In Brunswick and throughout the entire state, assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities and are overseen by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brunswick
- Brunswick’s cost of living is 98, two points lower than the national average of 100, which could make the city more affordable for seniors with low incomes than other cities in Ohio.
- The air quality in Brunswick is moderately good, which could be beneficial to seniors with breathing difficulties. Brunswick ranks 67, nine points higher than the U.S. average of 58 on a 100-point scale where 100 is considered the best air quality.
- Brunswick has cloudy, wet weather with 38 inches of rain and 68 inches of snow annually. The city only has 161 sunny days each year, 44 less than the U.S. average of 205. Active seniors may not have as many opportunities to participate in outdoor activities in Brunswick as they would in other Ohio locations.
- Ohio retirees are not taxed on Social Security benefits, although they are partially taxed on pensions and fully taxed on retirement savings account income. Brunswick seniors may find this leaves more money in their wallets for healthcare expenses.
- Seniors may feel safer in Brunswick than in other Ohio cities due to the low crime rates. The city has a violent crime rate of 9.9, which is less than half of the national rate of 22.7, and a property crime rate of 17.3, which is half the the national rate.
- The Brunswick area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Brunswick Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brunswick
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Brunswick start around $3,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brunswick and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brunswick
The state of Ohio has an Assisted Living Waiver Program that might be of interest to Brunswick seniors. Although this program covers care expenses, it does not cover room and board. Seniors wishing to apply for this program can keep in mind that there are only a limited number of spots available. All applicants must be Medicaid eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brunswick
Brunswick and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brunswick, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brunswick
Brunswick-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Brunswick, OH
Other Options in Brunswick, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brunswick
Review of Plum Creek Senior Living Community
First of all it is not often that you find a family owned business around here-especially not an assisted living. The owner is always around and he has been in the business for a long time. Most of... Read more
Review of Danbury in Brunswick
My mother is currently at Danbury Brunswick. We love it, they give her wonderful care, and because it is a residential facility, there are licenses and regulations, so they implemented a service to... Read more
Review of Plum Creek Senior Living Community
My mom lived in Plum Creek for several years. They were really good. We really like that place. We would have sent her back there if they had memory care, but they didn't. The staff was great. Out ... Read more