2 Assisted Living Facilities in Clovis, NM
The average cost of assisted living in Clovis is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clovis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clovis 2.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clovis, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Clovis, NM
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clovis
Clovis is located in Curry County, New Mexico, and is home to about 39,000 people. It's estimated that about 12% of the city's residents are aged 65 and over. The city is a relatively affordable place to live, which may be a benefit for seniors who want to move here for their retirement years. As a whole, living expenses are about 15% cheaper here than in the average U.S. city and about 10% less than in the average city in New Mexico.
Seniors who need an extra helping hand may receive housing, meals and assistance with one or more activities of daily living in one of Clovis's two assisted living facilities. The official licensure term for these communities is assisted living facilities for adults, and they are governed by the New Mexico Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clovis
- Clovis has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Services Department, which provides social, educational and recreational programs for area adults age 50 and over, as well as two senior centers.
- The Clovis Area Transit System, or CATS, provides transportation services in the Clovis area. This is a reservation-based, demand-response system with 16 transit vehicles ranging in size from minivans to mid-size buses. Upon request, drivers are able to assist passengers with getting on and off the vehicle, and door-to-door service may be provided.
- The Clovis area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Plains Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- New Mexico is among the few states that tax all types of retirement income, including Social Security benefits. However, seniors whose annual income is below a certain amount are eligible for a deduction, which may leave more money in the budget for care expenses.
Clovis's climate is rated to be more comfortable than most of New Mexico, receiving a score of 7.9 out of 10, compared to the state score of 7.6 and the national score of 7. Year-round high temperatures range between 52 degrees and 91 degrees, which may be well-suited for seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
- The air quality in Clovis is very good, rating 74 out of 100 versus the national average of 58. This may benefit seniors with conditions like COPD.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clovis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Mexico
Assisted Living costs in Clovis start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clovis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clovis
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clovis
Clovis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clovis, please visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clovis
Clovis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Mexico are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Mexico page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clovis
Review of Wheatfields Senior Living Community
It was a total disaster, it's terrible, it's not worth your money, and they do more harm than good there. Wheatfields was not a bad looking facility outside and inside, but just the care and everyt... Read more
Review of Senior Citizen Resident Center
I believe the facility catered well to her personal needs. Her hair and nails were done often, and she appeared to be well cared for. She was often very depressed, however, but I am not sure what... Read more