13 Assisted Living Facilities near De Soto, MO
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the De Soto area, with 3 in De Soto and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in De Soto. On average, consumers rate assisted living in De Soto 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Festus with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in De Soto, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in De Soto, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in De Soto
The City of Pride, De Soto is located in Jefferson County, which is about 45 miles from St. Louis. The growing city is home to more than 6,300 residents, with seniors aged 65 and older making up nearly 20% of the population. Some of these seniors residents may require assistance with daily activities and benefit from the services of an assisted living community, seven of which are available in the De Soto area.
In the state of Missouri, including De Soto, assisted living facilities (ALFs) and residential care facilities (RCFs) are licensed by a division of Missouri's Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in De Soto
- De Soto has an array of community resources for seniors, such as Aging Ahead, an organization that offers programs, services and resources for seniors, including social activities, meals and health screenings at 21 locations across St. Louis, St. Charles, Franklin and Jefferson counties.
- Summers in De Soto are hot and humid, which could be uncomfortable for some seniors with respiratory issues. The average summer high is 88.6 degrees F, which is warmer than most other cities in Missouri.
- At 93.4, the cost of living in De Soto falls below the U.S. national average of 100. Low housing and grocery costs are the largest factor for this, meaning seniors can save on daily living costs and maximize their retirement savings.
- De Soto has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Festus (Mercy Hospital Jefferson).
- The De Soto area is served by Jeffco Express, Jefferson County's first public bus transportation system. The nonprofit service operates a deviated fixed-route system that was designed to provide transit options for seniors aged 60 or older and people with disabilities, though it's available to all county residents.
- On a scale to 100, the rate of violent crime in De Soto is 15.8, which is lower than both the national (22.7) and statewide (28.9) averages. This may give seniors peace of mind as they go about their daily activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in De Soto
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in De Soto start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in De Soto and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in De Soto
In De Soto, personal care services in both ALFs and RCFs are covered by MO HealthNet, Missouri's Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority. Low income seniors in these facilities may also be eligible to receive a monthly cash grant to help cover costs. Additional funding is available through Missouri's optional state supplement (OSS) to help cover the cost of room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in De Soto
De Soto and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in De Soto, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in De Soto
De Soto-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in De Soto
Review of StoneBridge The Villas
I didn't like StoneBridge The Villas very much. It was old and rundown. They didn't seem to have very many amenities, and they didn't have elevators to get to the rooms. They had a nice outside cou... Read more