4 Assisted Living Facilities near North Branch, MN
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Branch area, with 3 in North Branch and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Branch is $3,042 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Branch. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Branch 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Forest Lake with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Branch, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in North Branch, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Branch
Located about 45 miles north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, North Branch puts seniors close to the metro area and its big-city services and amenities while providing the small-town warmth and tight-knit community residents value. The north branch of the Sunrise River flows through the city, and seniors have access to over 232 acres of parkland and 19 sites for outdoor recreational enjoyment.
Of North Branch’s approximate population of 10,000 residents, about 11.4% are seniors aged 65 or over. For those who need help with meals, housekeeping, medication management and transportation, North Branch provides three assisted living facilities. Seniors have two more choices in nearby Chisago City. The Minnesota Department of Health has governance over the assisted living communities in North Branch and the entire state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Branch
- Seniors considering North Branch should know that Minnesota landed the No. 1 spot on Kiplinger’s 2018 list of least tax-friendly states for retirees. Social Security benefits are taxable, as is income from pension plans, 401(k)s and IRAs.
- Adults aged 65 or over enjoy low-cost public transportation in North Branch. Chicago County provides free rides on the Senior Dining Bus and reduced fares on the Heartland Express for in-town and in-county trips.
- The cold and snowy winters in North Branch can be hard for some seniors to tolerate. The city receives 52 inches of annual snowfall on average, and January’s nighttime low of 1.4 degrees makes North Branch one of the coldest locations in Minnesota. The summer high in July is around 82 degrees.
- Seniors may be relieved to know that the violent crime rate in North Branch is half that of the national average. The city scores an 11 on a 100-point scale, while the U.S. average is 22.7. North Branch’s property crime score of 37.6 is slightly higher than the U.S. average of 35.4.
- The North Branch area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Lakes Medical Centers, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Although the overall cost of living in North Branch is about 10% higher than the U.S. average, that’s primarily due to transportation costs. Seniors typically save about 7% on groceries and 13% on health care in North Branch when compared to the national averages.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Branch
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in North Branch start around $3,042 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Branch and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Branch
To help low-income seniors in North Branch cover room and board costs and personal care services received in assisted living facilities, Minnesota offers the Elderly Waiver, CADI Waiver, and the MSC and MSHO programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Branch
North Branch and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Branch, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Branch
North Branch-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Branch
Review of Ecumen North Branch
Ecumen North Branch is very nice, open, airy, and felt more like independent living versus assisted living. My father's room is very nice. It's a 1-bedroom with full kitchen, living room, and large... Read more
Review of Encore at North Branch
I visited Bickford of North Branch. Its very nice, clean, and it smelled good. The people and staff were very nice, the staff was very competent, its secure, and Id recommend it to anybody. My f... Read more
Review of Encore at North Branch
North Branch was good and very nice. They do bingo, puzzles, and music. The staff was busy with the residents. Read more