5 Assisted Living Facilities in Pine City, MN
Also serving communities of Hinckley, Sandstone, Sandstone.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pine City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pine City 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Milaca with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pine City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Pine City, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pine City
Located in Pine County, Pine City is a resort town that is suitable for residents who love vacations. The city is home to around 3,000 people. Among them are senior citizens aged 65 years and above who make up around 21.3%. Pine City has six assisted living facilities to accommodate the senior residents with an additional 131 assisted living communities in the surrounding Minneapolis area. Assisted living facilities are licensed and regulated by the Department of Health of Minnesota.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pine City
- The city of Minneapolis has about three summer months with the hottest month having an average of 9 degrees Fahrenheit, which is cooler than most cities in Minnesota. The summer months may experience extreme humidity. During winter, there is a significant amount of snowfall with about 49 inches on average that may last approximately 7 months, inconveniencing residents who love the outdoors.
- Residents who wish to travel to other parts of Minnesota can use the Amtrak train stations. Additionally, seniors can carpool and enjoy the senior trip service offered by Society Transportation, a bus and coach company in Pine City.
- Residents of Pine City who love art and culture can explore the Pine Center for the Arts for extra enjoyment.
- The level of violent crime in comparison to property crime is low in the Pine City area, with violent crime ranked at 12.0 and property crime 35.0 on a scale to 100. The city is ideal for residents who wish to lead a tranquil lifestyle.
- The air quality in Pine City is quite favorable for senior residents with respiratory illnesses, being ranked 76 on the National Air Toxics Assessment.
- The Morehead area is home to world-class medical facilities, including FirstLight Health System Pine City Clinic and Fairview Clinics, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pine City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Pine City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pine City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pine City
The Housing Support Program offers financial aid to the elderly, in the form of payment for room and board. In special cases, it may cover the cost of care services in the form of allowance on supplementary services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pine City
Pine City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pine City, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pine City
Pine City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pine City
Review of Northern Pines Assisted Living
Golden Horizons was very nice. It was like an apartment, and then they had three meals a day. It was just very nice. The staff was very caring, and they really tried to make my mother-in-law happy. Read more
Review of Lakeside Medical Center
My family was looking for a new place for my grandmother to stay while she had several things going on medically. After visiting Lakeside we decided it would be a good fit for her. The clinic is ... Read more