13 Assisted Living Facilities near Chisago City, MN
Also serving communities of Scandia.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chisago City area, with 4 in Chisago City and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chisago City. Better rated regions include Forest Lake with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chisago City, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Chisago City, MN
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Chisago City, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chisago City
Chisago City was named after the Chippewa name for Chisago Lake. The area offers many opportunities to learn the town’s history and explore its great outdoors. In addition to the vast array of walking trails and parks, seniors can choose from 19 assisted living facilities (ALFs) within city limits, and another four nearby.
Minnesota does not license ALFs as a separate category, but rather, into either Class A or F facilities, both of which are governed by the Minnesota Department of Health. ALFs refer to packaged services including, but not limited to, 24-hour supervision, assistance with daily living activities, medication management and meal services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chisago City
- Chisago City has temperature extremes that may make it a difficult climate for seniors. Summers have an average high temperature of 83 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing seniors to easily enjoy outdoor activities, but the winters are cold with 51 inches of snowfall and an average low temperature of 4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chisago City has a slightly higher than average crime rate , which may make seniors and their loved ones feel ill at ease. Violent crime is rated at 42.3 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 39.2, which is slightly higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors receive free fares on the Heartland Express, which provides curb-to-curb transportation services and fixed routes, allowing easy access to shopping venues, doctor’s appointments and local attractions.
- The Chisago City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fairview Lakes Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Minnesota is not a tax-friendly state. Social security checks have a partial tax, while public and private pension is fully taxed. This means seniors on a budget may have less money to put towards assisted living and daily needs.
- Seniors who enjoy golfing can play on the local Chisago Lakes Golf Course, which offers discounted rates and cart rentals for individuals over 65 years old. Others might enjoy visiting the local farmer’s market or one of the city’s many lakeside parks.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chisago City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Chisago City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chisago City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chisago City
Senior residents of Minnesota with a limited income may be eligible to receive help paying for assisted living through Minnesota Senior Health Options, the state’s Managed Medicaid programs. Minnesota also offers a non-Medicaid Group Residential Housing (GRH) program, which helps qualified seniors pay for assisted living and personal care expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chisago City
Chisago City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chisago City, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chisago City
Chisago City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.