3 Assisted Living Facilities near Cambridge, MN
Also serving communities of Braham.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cambridge area, with 2 in Cambridge and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cambridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cambridge 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Branch with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cambridge, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cambridge, MN
1 Assisted Living Facility near Cambridge, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cambridge
Even though Cambridge is a small town of around 8,000 residents, 18.4 percent of residents are 65 and older. Luckily, there are nine assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area, two in Cambridge and seven in the nearby regions of North Branch, Braham, Wyoming and Princeton. The Minnesota Department of Health regulates these facilities to ensure a high level of care, health, and safety standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cambridge
- Cambridge, Minnesota gets 53 inches of snow and 31 inches of rain annually. By comparison, the national averages for snow and rain are 26 and 39, respectively. Not surprisingly, winters can be hard on seniors, and the Sperling Comfort Index sits at just 38 out of 100 (national average is 54).
The temperatures can hit anywhere from 2 to 81 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air quality in Cambridge, Minnesota is not particularly good, with the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment offering a ranking of 71 out of 100 compared to the national average of 58. The risk of developing respiratory illness is higher in Cambridge than it is for the rest of the metro region or state.
- Seniors will find Cambridge, Minnesota will find the cost of living on par with the national average. Cambridge ranks 97.9 compared to the national average of 100. The big benefit here is housing, which bucks the general trend and sits much lower than average (81 versus 100). Most other expenses are higher than the average for the rest of the nation.
- Seniors should note that both property crime (49.2 out of 100) and violent crime (43.6) are higher in Cambridge when compared to the property and violent crime averages for the rest of the country (38.1 and 31.1, respectively). Seniors and their loved ones should make sure that the ALF they select provides physical and asset protections.
- Minnesota does not offer Cambridge residents much in the area of tax relief. Some residents might qualify for the Age 65 or Older-Disabled subtraction. But the government partially taxes Social Security and fully taxes both private and public income.
- Cambridge, Minnesota is home to world-class medical facilities, including Allina Health Cambridge Clinic and Cambridge Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cambridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Cambridge start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cambridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cambridge
Seniors who need monetary assistance for their ALF services might apply for programs such as the Minnesota Personal Care Assistant (PCA) program, Senior Care Plus (MSC+), the Elderly Waiver, Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) and the Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cambridge
Cambridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cambridge, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cambridge
Cambridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cambridge, MN
Other Options in Cambridge, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cambridge
Review of GracePointe Crossing
My parents are now situated in an assisted living at GracePointe. They are settled in and doing well. It is a very large community. They have independent living apartments for seniors, they got the... Read more
Review of GracePointe Crossing
We are not unfamiliar with GracePointe. My son-in-law's mother was there for several months before she passed away. The assisted living is fairly new. I know it has just been redecorated. We like t... Read more