14 Assisted Living Facilities near Mankato, MN
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mankato area, with 10 in Mankato and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mankato is $4,618 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include North Mankato with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 55 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mankato. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mankato 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Mankato with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mankato, call (855) 863-8283.
10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mankato, MN
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Mankato, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mankato
Mankato is a city of approximately 42,000 located along the Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway. Boasting over 900 acres of park and recreation space, it can be an attractive location for outdoor enthusiasts. Nearby Minneopa State Park is a convenient destination for picnics and bird watching.
Over 11 percent of Mankato residents are over 65. Local seniors have access to 10 assisted living facilities within Mankato, plus an additional 13 facilities in nearby communities. The Minnesota Department of Health's Home Care and Assisted Living Program officially oversees the licensing and regulation of facilities within the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mankato
- While summers in Mankato are pleasant, with July highs reaching around 82 degrees, winters can be cold. The average January low is six degrees. These temperatures, combined with above-average annual snowfall levels, can present challenges to mobility-impaired seniors.
- Within Minnesota, Mankato's crime rate ranks higher than average for both violent and property crimes. Mankato does, however, fall below the national median for violent crime levels.
- Mankato Transit System's bus lines are the local public transit option. Routes and schedules are posted on the city's website, and a reduced fare category is available to passengers aged 60 and over.
- Local communities may wish to plan excursions around Mankato's many cultural offerings, such as the Carnegie Art Center and the Blue Earth County Historical Society. The city is home to the Mankato Ballet and the Mankato Symphony Orchestra, while theatre lovers can attend local performances by the Merely Players Community Theatre or the theatre department of Minnesota State University Mankato.
- The Mankato area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mayo Clinic Health System, Mankato, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mankato has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Minnesota River Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides advocacy services, resources and assistance to older adults in southwest Minnesota as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mankato
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Mankato start around $4,618 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mankato and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mankato
Financial assistance is available in Minnesota to help defray some assisted-living costs. This includes the Elderly Waiver program, which is a federal Medicaid waiver program. Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) can also be a source of assistance, but participation levels vary by county. The Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waiver is another possible source of assistance, but CADI Waiver services are restricted to seniors who enroll before reaching 65 years old.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mankato
Mankato and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mankato, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mankato
Mankato-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mankato, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mankato
Review of Primrose Retirement Community of Mankato
Friendly place Its a great environment to walk into! Knowing that family is here makes me feel at ease and know that they are getting good care. Read more
Review of Water's Edge
Last weekend they ran out of toilet paper which won't be replenished until the supply truck comes on Tuesday. Two weeks ago they ran out of bread, almost every week they run out of orange juice wh... Read more
Review of Ecumen Pathstone Living
I am perfectly happy with everything at Ecumen Pathstone Living. They give excellent nurse aid care with the CNAs and the registered nurses. The food is good. Ive decorated my walls and my wife de... Read more