16 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Peter, MN
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Peter area, with 3 in Saint Peter and 13 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 44 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Peter. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Peter 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include St Peter with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Peter, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Peter, MN
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Peter, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Peter
Saint Peter, which is located in the Minnesota River Valley, was originally intended to be the capital city of Minnesota. Although Saint Paul ended up with that designation, the city's extra-wide streets show how the state's founders designed the city to accommodate a higher volume of traffic. Today, the city has about 12,000 residents, about 14% of whom are aged 65 and up.
Saint Peter has three assisted living facilities with over a dozen more nearby. These facilities provide supportive and health-related services for at least one resident, and they are required to register with the Department of Health on an annual basis.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Peter
- The Saint Peter area is home to world-class medical facilities, including River's Edge Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Saint Peter is a fairly affordable place to live, which may make it a good option for seniors looking for an affordable city to spend their retirement. The overall cost of living in this city is about 5% below the national average and 10% below the statewide average.
- Saint Peter's summers are long and warm with July highs around 83 degrees. Winters are very cold with January highs around 24 degrees and lows in the single digits. The city receives 39 inches of annual snowfall, which is higher than the national average of 28 inches but lower than the statewide average of 47 inches. This may be a consideration for seniors who rely on mobility aids.
- Minnesota is among the handful of states in which taxpayers pay state income tax on all types of retirement income, including Social Security benefits. This could affect how much money is available for assisted living in Saint Peter.
- While Saint Peter's crime rate is near the average when compared to that of all cities of all sizes across the country, its crime rate is low compared to similarly sized U.S. cities. Seniors who are looking for a safe community for assisted living may want to consider Saint Peter.
- Public transportation in Saint Peter is provided by Minnesota River Valley Transit. MRVT operates a Dial-a-Ride service Monday through Saturday. Seniors can call (888) 880-4696 for same day service or to schedule a ride.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Peter
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Saint Peter start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Peter and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Peter
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Peter
Saint Peter and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Peter, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Peter
Saint Peter-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Peter
Review of Benedictine Living Community of St. Peter
I visited Benedictine Living Community of St. Peter. It was nice and clean. They were friendly. The location was a little bit out of the way. I didn’t get a chance to see the rooms, but from what I... Read more
Review of Ecumen Prairie Hill
My mom is living in Ecumen Prairie Hill currently. It is an assisted living with memory care unit attached. It is two years old and it is part of a corporation here in Minnesota. The facility is li... Read more