8 Assisted Living Facilities near Le Sueur, MN
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Le Sueur area, with 2 in Le Sueur and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Le Sueur is $1,750 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Le Sueur. Better rated regions include St Peter with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Le Sueur, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Le Sueur, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Le Sueur
Known locally as the "Valley of the Jolly Green Giant," the city of Le Sueur is full of beautiful parks and recreational activities for active seniors to enjoy during the warm summer months. People aged 65 and over make up 17.5% of the population, and some of these residents live in the two assisted living facilities in town. An additional six facilities are located nearby.
Assisted living facilities in Le Sueur and all other cities in Minnesota are officially known as housing with services establishments. The Minnesota Department of Health licenses and regulates these establishments under two classifications: Class A and Class F.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Le Sueur
- The tax policies in Minnesota don't make it easier for seniors in Le Sueur to afford assisted living. That's because the state taxes all forms of retirement income, including Social Security. The rates range from 5.35% to 9.85%.
- Le Sueur is a relatively affordable place to call home. The cost of living is 1.9% below the national average of 100 and 8.2 points below the Minnesota average. Seniors looking for assisted living shouldn't be discouraged from looking in the area.
- Seniors who love to go outdoors in Le Sueur shouldn't be concerned that the air will harm their breathing. The local air quality is rated at 79, 21 points higher than the national average. These numbers come from the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment.
- Harsh winters in Le Sueur may prevent active seniors from going outdoors during most of the winter. The average low temperature in January reaches a frigid four degrees, and more than three feet of snow falls per year on average. Summers are very pleasant with temperatures reaching the low 80s.
- Seniors looking for a safe place to live and enjoy life will find Le Sueur very attractive. The violent crime rating for the area is 14 points below the national average of 22.7. The property crime rate is 11.6 points below the national average of 35.4.
- Le Sueur has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Expo, a special event that provides fun, education and entertainment as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Le Sueur
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Le Sueur start around $1,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Le Sueur and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Le Sueur
Several programs, both Medicaid and non-Medicaid, can help seniors in Le Sueur pay for assisted living. The Elderly Waiver (EW) and Alternative Care (AC) program are available to those who meet the income or disability requirements for Medicaid. The Housing Support Program, which doesn't require Medicaid, helps pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Le Sueur
Le Sueur and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Le Sueur, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Le Sueur
Le Sueur-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.