14 Assisted Living Facilities near St Peter, MN
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the St Peter area, with 3 in St Peter and 11 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in St Peter. On average, consumers rate assisted living in St Peter 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in St Peter, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in St Peter, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in St Peter
For a small city of just under 12,000 people, St. Peter, Minnesota, offers a lot of history and culture that seniors might find entertaining. It was once intended to be the capital of the state, has produced five governors, currently boast of over a dozen sites on the National Historical Record and plays host to the annual Nobel Conference.
To help care for the seniors that make up 14.3% of its population, the city has three assisted living facilities, and there are 13 more in the surrounding areas. All are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in St Peter
- Saint Peter has a violent crime rate that is 14 points below the national average and seven points below the state median. With similar numbers also being reported for property crimes, seniors in St. Peter can feel safe when venturing out into the city.
- With highs only climbing into the low 80s, St. Peter's summer climate is ideal for active seniors who enjoy being outdoors. However, single-digit temperatures and an average of 39 inches of snow each year could make winters challenging.
- The cost of living in St. Peter is 4.5% below the national median and 11% below the state's average. Healthcare costs are 15 points lower than the national average, which might make the area more affordable for seniors with chronic medical conditions.
- According to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assesment, the air in St. Peter is 10% cleaner than the national average. For seniors with pulmonary issues or respiratory problems, this could be good news.
Public transportation in St. Peter is provided by Minnesota River Valley Transit which operates on a 'call for a ride' system rather than running regular routes. Fares vary depending on the destination, but they do offer seniors discounts. Seniors can save even more money by buying tickets in books of ten.
- The St. Peter area is home to world-class medical facilities, including city-owned River's Edge Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in St Peter
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in St Peter start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in St Peter and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in St Peter
For St. Peter seniors needing financial assistance to help pay for assisted living care, the state of Minnesota Department of Human Services offers the Housing Support Program. This program pays service providers for room and board expenses but doesn't cover the cost of other services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in St Peter
St Peter and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in St Peter, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in St Peter
St Peter-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in St Peter, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in St Peter
Review of Pheasants Ridge Assisted Livng
Top Notch! The location and amenities are a perfect fit for my grandmother. She doesn't have to use an elevator/stairs, loves the cozy feel of a small staff and enjoys the home-cooked meals. They a... Read more
Review of Pheasants Ridge Assisted Livng
Top rate. New management is excellent and so caring. Read more