1 Assisted Living Facility in Fennville, MI
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fennville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fennville 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Holland with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fennville, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fennville
Review of Golden Orchards
Very happy that there is more activities. Happy for Mark helping my brother with therapy and outreach to the community. Love the care. Every time I call I never find that my questions are a bother.... Read more
Review of Golden Orchards
The staff here is always so cheerful and friendly. Mom loves it here. She enjoys the food and has made friends and us extremely happy. Golden Orchards has made her feel at home. Thank you Natalie f... Read more
Review of Golden Orchards
The staff here is always so cheerful and friendly. Mom loves it at Golden Orchards. She enjoys the food and has made friends and is extremely happy. Golden Orchards has made her feel at home! Thank... Read more
Assisted Living near Allegan County, MI
More Options Near Fennville, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fennville
Fennville is a small city located in Allegan County, Michigan. It's a short drive away from Hutchins Lake, a popular resort destination. Sixteen percent of Allegan County's 116,000 residents are over the age of 65, and the area has a wide range of assisted living options for the area's seniors to choose from.
Throughout the state of Michigan, communities that provide assisted living to the elderly are known as homes for the aged. There is one of these homes located in Fennville and an additional six located in surrounding areas such as Holland and Zeeland.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fennville
- Fennville has few facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest hospital located in Holland.
- The cost of living in Fennville is below the national average. With individual expenses such as health care and transportation nearly 10 percent below the U.S. average, seniors on a budget will find living in the Fennville area very affordable.
- Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may find it difficult to do so throughout the year in Fennville. The area has an average snowfall of 81 inches. The U.S. average is much lower at 26 inches.
- There are no public transportation options in Fennville. Seniors may need to rely on friends or family to provide them with transportation throughout the area. Some homes for the aged may offer seniors a shuttle service to help them get to important appointments.
- Social Security income isn't taxed in Michigan, and other forms of retirement income are subject to lower rates. This is an important consideration for seniors with limited income.
- The air quality in the Fennville area has been given a passing grade by the American Lung Association, meaning that seniors with respiratory illness can rest assured that the air they breathe won't worsen their condition.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fennville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Fennville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fennville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fennville
Michigan's Medicaid State Plan provides financial assistance with the cost of assisted living services to eligible seniors residing in Fennville area homes for the aged.
Those who require help paying for the cost of room and board may apply for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) to their Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Room and board charges are capped by the state for Medicaid eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fennville
Fennville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fennville, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fennville
Fennville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.