The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Solomons, MD for 2023
Also serving communities of Lusby, California, Great Mills, Saint Leonard.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Solomons area, with 2 in Solomons and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Solomons. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Solomons 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bushwood with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Solomons, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Solomons, MD
Solomons Nursing and Rehab Center
Three Bea's Assisted Living at Peace ...
Discovery Commons At Wildewood
3 Bea's Assisted Living
In Caring Hands, LLC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Solomons
Solomons, Maryland, which is a census-designated place (CDP) also referred to as Solomons Island, is an island town in Calvert County. It's a popular tourist destination and has been dubbed "One of the 15 Happiest Seaside Towns in America," drawing visitors of all ages to enjoy exciting festivals and events and browse through unique museums. Seniors who want to be close to the community's attractions can choose from two assisted living facilities in the city proper, as well as an additional three nearby.
In Solomons, as in the rest of Maryland, assisted living facilities are categorized into three types according to the level of care they provide. All facilities are licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Solomons
- With hot summers and chilly winters, Solomons may be ideal for seniors who enjoy experiencing distinct seasons. July highs typically reach into the upper-80s, while January lows dip into the upper-20s.
- The overall cost of living in Solomons is about 25 percent higher than the national average. Seniors can expect to spend slightly more on groceries than they would in other cities, though healthcare expenses will likely cost less. Transportation costs are about 46 percent higher than in other U.S. cities.
- Maryland does not tax Social Security benefits, but income from retirement accounts is fully taxable. Seniors who draw income from an IRA or 401(k) may wish to speak to a financial advisor to find out how the state’s tax laws will affect their monthly budget.
- The overall crime rate in Solomons is 81 percent lower than the national average, which may provide peace of mind for seniors and their families. It is safer than 86 percent of cities in the United States.
- The Solomons area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Leonardtown.
- Solomons is a popular tourist destination with a wide array of attractions for seniors to enjoy. Older adults aged 65 and up receive admission discounts to the Annemarie Sculpture Garden and Arts Center and to the Calvert Marine Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in Solomons
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Solomons start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Solomons and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Solomons
Seniors living in Level II and Level III facilities may be eligible to have their care covered under the Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Options Waiver program. In addition, the state funds a Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Solomons
Solomons and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Solomons, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Solomons
Solomons-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Solomons, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Solomons
Review of Asbury Solomons
Asbury Solomons is very nice, and my aunt is very happy there. It's beautiful and spacious. They have a variety of options for rooms. They've got a swimming pool and activities. The care that she's... Read more
Review of Asbury Solomons
The food is institutionalized This care is questionable. I found several staff not helpful or kind. Read more
Review of Solomons Nursing and Rehab Center
The Hermitage at Solomons is independently owned. It's a large facility, and it has an attached nursing home. The workers were extremely friendly. It's expensive, but the rooms and the dining area ... Read more
11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
The decision to help an aging adult move out of a current home is a complex one -- both emotionally and practically. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. How can you all feel more co...
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[Inde...
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
How to Pay for Assisted Living
As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. The good news? Depending on what care your loved one needs, assisted living can be much more affordable than ...
How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi...
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living