4 Assisted Living Facilities near Paola, KS
Also serving communities of Louisburg.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paola area, with 2 in Paola and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Paola is $3,795 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Osawatomie with an average starting cost of $3,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paola. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paola 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paola, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Paola, KS
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Paola, KS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paola
Paola is a small city surrounded by rural areas, making it ideal for seniors who enjoy the quiet life. Even though seniors age 65 and older only make up 16.2 percent of the city's 5,568 population, the area has six assisted living facilities to accommodate them — two in Paola and four more in neighboring communities. The Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services licenses and regulates assisted living facilities in Paola and the rest of the state to ensure residents have a safe, healthy living environment and all the assistance they need.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paola
- The Paola area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Miami County Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Paola has an array of community resources for seniors, including the East Central Kansas Aging and Disability Resource Center, an organization that offers counseling for seniors and their families, legal assistance and help with arranging transportation, as well as one senior center.
- Kansas is considered a moderately tax-friendly state for seniors because Social Security income is only partially taxed. However, retirement account withdrawals and pension payments are fully taxed at a rate of 4.90 percent, and the state sales tax of 6 percent is charged for all purchases, including groceries, in addition to the city and county sales tax.
Paola is prone to hot, wet summers and cold, snowy winters. In January, low temperatures average about 30 degrees Fahrenheit, which some seniors may find uncomfortable. However, in July, the average temperature is 79 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it easy for seniors to explore the outdoors.
- Seniors concerned for their safety should feel relatively safe in Paola. The city's violent crime rate is 14 percent lower than the state average and 15 percent lower than the national average.
- The overall cost of living in Paola is less than the Kansas and U.S. average. However, health care costs average 4 percent higher than the state's average, and the cost of groceries averages 6 percent higher than the state average. This could make it difficult for seniors on a fixed income to find affordable prices.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paola
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Paola start around $3,795 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paola and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paola
Kansas has an expanded Medicaid program, called KanCare, that helps low-income seniors pay monthly costs associated with residing in assisted living facilities. It works in conjunction with the state's Medicaid waiver program — the Home and Community Based Services waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paola
Paola and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paola, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paola
Paola-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paola
Review of Country Club Estates
Have visited the facility on several occasions. The food is great and the employees is very involved and knows each resident and what they may like and need. The facility feels like a big family. Read more
Review of Country Club Estates
Dave the owner was involved with the residents and seemed to genuinely care about their happiness. Having a loved one living in someone else's care is a stressful thing so having people you can tr... Read more