2 Assisted Living Facilities in Vinton, IA
Also serving communities of Shellsburg, Keystone, Independence.
The average cost of assisted living in Vinton is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Marion with an average starting cost of $3,189.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vinton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vinton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vinton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vinton
Nestled in east-central Iowa along the Cedar River, Vinton is a booming river community that was originally a trading outpost before becoming a place for farmers to sell products and buy supplies. Now, the city is home to 5,257 residents, with 1,027 of those people being seniors aged 65 or older. Seniors interested in assisted living services have two facilities to choose from in Vinton.
Assisted living programs and residential care facilities in the state of Iowa, including Vinton, are licensed and overseen by the Department of Inspections and Appeals, Health Facilities Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vinton
- The Vinton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Virginia Gay Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with respiratory issues may enjoy the good air quality in Vinton. The city has a rank of 78 out of 100 (best), which is 20 points higher than the national average of 58.
Crime rates are low in Vinton which might be good news for seniors who like to spend a lot of time out on the town. Violent crime rates in the city are 15.8, and property crime rates are 17, both significantly lower than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
- Iowa doesn’t tax seniors on Social Security income, so Vinton seniors may find living in the city more affordable than other areas in the country.
- The overall cost of living in Vinton is 89.1, almost 11 points lower than the U.S. average of 100. While groceries, housing and transportation are lower than the national average, healthcare is higher at 116.9. The lower cost of housing in Vinton could result in lower facility costs for seniors considering assisted living.
- Vinton has harsh winters where temperatures drop to 11 degrees and 34 inches of snowfall annually, almost 10 inches more than the national average of 26 inches, which may pose a problem for seniors with mobility issues. Summers are warmer with temperatures climbing as high as 84 degrees. When it comes to rain, the city receives 36 inches, three inches less than the U.S. average of 39 inches.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vinton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Vinton start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vinton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vinton
Seniors in Vinton with low-income who need help paying for assisted living may qualify for the Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Elderly waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vinton
Vinton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vinton, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vinton
Vinton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Vinton, IA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vinton
Review of Windsor Manor Vinton
Windsor Manor is a very nice facility. The staff all seemed very nice. I really liked the director. The rooms were really nice, too. The place is nice and clean. The residents seemed nice and being... Read more
Review of Windsor Manor Vinton
It is a wonderful place to live for seniors. My sister has Alzheimers and sometimes things are difficult. The staff at Windsor is so kind and pay attention to little details. The dining room is ... Read more