6 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Marys, GA
Also serving communities of Kingsland.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Marys area, with 2 in Saint Marys and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Marys is $2,951 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hilliard with an average starting cost of $2,885.
To help you with your search, browse the 31 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Marys. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Marys 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fernandina Beach with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Marys, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Marys, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Marys
Located along the Atlantic Coast of Georgia, St. Mary’s offers beautiful coastal living in a family friendly atmosphere which is ideal for seniors looking for a place to retire. Two assisted living facilities can be found within the city limits for seniors who need help with daily living tasks. There are also six more facilities close by.
These facilities are referred to as Assisted Living Communities (ALCs) in Jonesboro and the state of Georgia. They offer room and board, grooming, meals and scheduled outings, and they are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Marys
- The Coastal Regional Commission of Georgia provides transportation for seniors in the area at discounted fares. The system offers a fixed route and seniors may call ahead to make a reservation for special appointments.
- The St. Mary’s area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Southeast Georgia Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In St. Mary's and the state of Georgia, there is no tax on Social Security Income benefits (SSI). Seniors can also take advantage of the $65,000 per person deduction on all types of retirement income.
- The cost of living in St. Mary's is lower than both the state and the national average of 100. This makes it easy for seniors in assisted living to budget each month.
- Temperatures in St. Mary's in the winter are seasonably warm with temperatures that rarely drop below 40. This is ideal for seniors who enjoy golfing and exploring the outdoors year-round. Summers are hot and humid with average highs around 91.
- Crime in St. Mary's is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Property crime is ranked 43.5, a bit higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 35.6, also higher than the national average of 31.1. Assisted living facilities do provide security measures to keep them safe, but seniors may still want to inquire about these plans for peace of mind.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Marys
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Saint Marys start around $2,951 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Marys and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Marys
Paying for assisted living can be expensive for low-income seniors. Those living in Jonesboro and the state of Georgia have access to two Medicaid waiver programs, which includes the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE), which pay for services received in assisted living. Neither program provides assistance for room and board but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Marys
Saint Marys and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Marys, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Marys
Saint Marys-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Marys, GA
Other Options in Saint Marys, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Marys
Review of Magnolia Manor of St. Marys
Magnolia Manor of St. Marys was very nice and I'm taking my friend tomorrow to let them look at it. It was very outstanding, it seems to have just about everything. I met a couple of the staff and ... Read more
Review of Coastal Senior Living
Coastal Senior Living was good and was in the process of changing directors when we went up there. The staff was fine. There were not many amenities, and it's rather small, but friendly. They had p... Read more
Review of Coastal Senior Living
I haven't been that thrilled with the services that my mother has gotten at Coastal Senior Living. Half the time she can't eat because it's not good or food is not cooked all the way. I've been try... Read more