5 Assisted Living Facilities near Brunswick, GA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brunswick area, with 2 in Brunswick and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brunswick is $3,172 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Saint Marys with an average starting cost of $2,951.
To help you with your search, browse the 33 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brunswick. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brunswick 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brunswick, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Brunswick, GA
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Brunswick, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brunswick
Listed as one of the best places to retire in Georgia on a budget, Brunswick is located along the southeastern coast of Georgia in an area known as the Golden Isles. While the Atlantic Ocean is the biggest attraction in the area, seniors can also find outlet malls, historical attractions and plenty of restaurants. Seniors looking for an assisted living facility in the area will find five in the area, with two located in downtown Brunswick. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health and range in size from assisted living communities that serve 25 or more or personal care homes with two or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brunswick
- The Brunswick area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Southeast Georgia Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Brunswick has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Coastal Georgia Area Agency on Aging, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as two senior centers.
- The Glynn County Transit System provides transportation to and from medical appointments and various errands for seniors at discount fares. There are three part-time and four full-time drivers and a collection of buses, vans and sedans.
- The violent crime rate in Brunswick is 153 percent higher than the Georgia average and 160 percent higher than the national average. The property crime rate is 58 percent higher than the Georgia average and 94 percent higher than the national average. This makes crime a major concern for seniors who live in the area.
- Seniors on a budget may have more left after paying bills in Brunswick due to the cost of living average of 90.1. This average is lower than the state and the national average of 100.
- Brunswick experiences hot and humid summers with highs around 92 degrees Fahrenheit and winter lows around 40 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes the climate in Brunswick ideal for seniors who want to escape the snow and cold of the northern states.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brunswick
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Brunswick start around $3,172 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brunswick and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brunswick
Seniors may apply for help paying for an assisted living facility in Brunswick and the state of Georgia through the state's two Medicaid Waiver Programs. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is available for individuals 60 and older who are eligible for Medicaid and who require a certain level of care. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is available for individuals 65 and older or those under the age of 65 with a physical disability and who require nursing home level care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brunswick
Brunswick and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brunswick, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brunswick
Brunswick-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Brunswick, GA
Other Options in Brunswick, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brunswick
Review of Addington Place of Brunswick
We were very impressed with Addington Place of Brunswick. It was a little newer and very well taken care of. The apartments were very nice. The staff was outstanding. The dining area was one of the... Read more
Review of HomeLife on Glynco
HomeLife on Glynco was a very nice place. I was very impressed. The rooms were adequate and very nice. We saw several of the residents in different functions. They had a library, a media room, and ... Read more
Review of Addington Place of Brunswick
I found the cleanliness of the facility, especially building exterior and common places, superb. Maintenance of the facility appeared top notch and whoever's responsibility this is, he’s doing a GR... Read more