9 Assisted Living Facilities near Richmond Hill, GA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Richmond Hill area, with 2 in Richmond Hill and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Richmond Hill is $3,729 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pooler with an average starting cost of $3,213.
To help you with your search, browse the 76 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Richmond Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richmond Hill 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richmond Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Richmond Hill, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richmond Hill
Located just south of Savannah along Interstate 95, Richmond Hill provides easy access to the Atlantic Ocean and the Ogeechee River for outdoor activities for seniors. Beautiful views, outlet shopping and plenty of locally-owned restaurants make the area ideal for those looking to retire. For those who need help with grooming, medication administration and other daily living tasks, 15 assisted living facilities are located in the area, including two in downtown Richmond Hill. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital in Savannah.
- Richmond Hill has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Citizens Inc., an organization that provides daily meals for seniors and plans group outings, as well as one senior center.
- The Department of Human Services in Richmond Hill provides transportation to seniors in the area through volunteers. These rides are available for free or discount fares and include transportation to doctors’ offices, grocery stores, pharmacies and for other errands. The program is available seven days a week.
- Seniors in Richmond Hill have a one in 50 chance of becoming a victim of any crime, which may pose a concern for those who enjoy running errands alone. This is higher than the crime rate in 49 percent of Georgia’s cities and towns of all sizes.
- The cost of living in Richmond Hill is 110.5, which is higher than the national and state average of 100. Seniors may have a harder time holding on to any extra income when living within the city.
- For seniors who can’t tolerate the extreme cold, the climate in Richmond Hill offers hot and humid summers with highs around 92 and short cold winters with lows around 38. The city rarely has any snow.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richmond Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Richmond Hill start around $3,729 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richmond Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richmond Hill
Paying for an assisted living facility in Richmond Hill and the state of Georgia is possible through two state Medicaid waivers. The Community Care Services Program is for seniors over the age of 60 who are eligible for Medicaid and need standard nursing care for daily tasks. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is for those 65 and older who require constant nursing-home level care. Neither program pays for private rooms, but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richmond Hill
Richmond Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richmond Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richmond Hill
Richmond Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Richmond Hill, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richmond Hill
Review of The Suites At Station Exchange
Station Exchange Senior Care is very nice. The whole staff is very friendly, they know you by name even though I've only been up there a few times. Everytime I call they recognize my voice and they... Read more
Review of The Suites At Station Exchange
I visited The Suites at station exchange. It's nice, very clean, well-kept, and the rooms had mementos of the people staying there. I had a nice experience. The staff was nice, very informative, we... Read more
Review of Magnolia Manor on the Coast
My parent has been here for a long time. When we first came here it was great. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was positive and happy. Over the last year, things have changed drastically... Read more