5 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Simons Island, GA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Simons Island area, with 3 in Saint Simons Island and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Simons Island is $4,581 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Brunswick with an average starting cost of $3,172.
To help you with your search, browse the 34 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Simons Island. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Simons Island 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brunswick with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Simons Island, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Simons Island, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Island is well-known as one of the Golden Isles of Georgia. Located along the Atlanta Ocean, Saint Simons offers beautiful views and plenty of outdoor water activities for seniors. To accommodate the senior population, there are three assisted living facilities on the island and two nearby in Brunswick. All these assisted living facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
There are two different kinds of assisted living facilities in Saint Simons and within the state. Assisted living communities are personal care homes that provide service to at least 25 seniors. Personal care homes must have at least two adults that require assistance with daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Simons Island
- Saint Simons has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Brunswick.
- Saint Simons has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Green Thumb, Inc., an organization that helps match seniors with employment opportunities and training programs as well as one senior center.
- Seniors can get around the island and surrounding area by using Island Premier Transportation, which specializes in senior citizen transportation to and from doctors' appointments and for general errands.
- The cost of living in Saint Simons is 119, which is slightly higher than the national average of 100. It is also higher than the state average of 93, which means seniors may pay a little more to enjoy the ocean views.
- Like most southern Georgia locales, Saint Simons Island experiences hot and humid summers with average highs around 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are mild with January lows around 41 degrees and rarely any snow. This makes the island an excellent place for seniors to enjoy outdoor activities year-round.
- With both the rate for property crime and violent crime higher than the national average, Crime can be somewhat of a concern for seniors living on the island. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the property crime rate is 52.3 compared to the national average of 38.1. The violent crime rate is 45, compared to a national average of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Simons Island
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Saint Simons Island start around $4,581 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Simons Island and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Simons Island
Financial assistance is available for seniors through two different waiver programs provided by the state’s Medicaid Program. These waivers include the Community Care Services Program (CCSP), which is available to adults 60 or older that are Medicaid eligible and who require some level of nursing care. The Georgia SOURCE Waiver is for individuals 65 or older that require nursing care or individuals who are physically disabled.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Island and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Simons Island, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Island-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Simons Island, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Simons Island
Review of Magnolia Manor of St Simons
Magnolia Manor of St. Simons is great. They did socials and worship. My mother-in-law's rooms is really nice, big, and spacious. The staff is very nice, friendly, caring, and they all know my mothe... Read more
Review of Magnolia Manor of St Simons
My dad has been here for 2 years. Staff are caring, and have become like extended family. Well-maintained, clean, and lovely campus. They have a wide range of activities, and several annual communi... Read more
Review of Thrive at Frederica
I visited Thrive at Frederic’s today, and it is a beautiful, immaculate, architecturally stunning facility with an attentive, friendly, thoughtful staff. One group of residents was involved in a... Read more