29 Assisted Living Facilities near Hilliard, FL
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hilliard area, with 3 in Hilliard and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hilliard is $2,885 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 74 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hilliard. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hilliard 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Saint Marys with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hilliard, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hilliard, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hilliard
Hilliard is a small town in Nassau County known for its connection to air travel. It's home to the FAA Air Traffic Control Center and the Hilliard Airpark, which is one of the last public grass landing strips in Florida. The town is home to around 3,000 people and more than 14 percent of residents are aged 65 and over.
There are 29 assisted living facilities in Hilliard and surrounding area that offer accommodation to seniors looking for a little help with some daily activities. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration licenses and monitors these facilities, which can have a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care they're providing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hilliard
- The Hilliard area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Jacksonville.
- Nassau Transit offers public transportation services to Hilliard. There are fixed-route and paratransit services. The paratransit service offers door-to-door, scheduled rides for riders unable to use the regular service.
- Hilliard has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Nassau County Council on Aging, an organization that provides services and events to enrich the lives of seniors as well as one senior center.
- Florida has no state income tax which lowers the tax bill for Hilliard seniors whether their retirement income comes from Social Security, pensions or retirement funds. The average sales tax in the state is also close to the national average, which can help keep costs down for seniors on a fixed income.
- Hilliard has mild winters with an average low temperature in January of 40 degrees. Summers are hot and humid and the July high is around 93. The town is also in a high risk hurricane zone and seniors may wish to ask staff about emergency procedures when they tour facilities.
- The cost of living in Hilliard is rated at 106 on the Sperling index, six points higher than the national average. The cost of healthcare is rated 121, which is 21 points higher than the U.S. average of 100, which may impact on the budget of seniors with health conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hilliard
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Hilliard start around $2,885 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hilliard and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hilliard
Florida's Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver offer financial assistance to seniors in assisted living. Hilliard seniors who receive Social Security Income may also be eligible for help through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hilliard
Hilliard and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hilliard, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hilliard
Hilliard-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hilliard, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hilliard
Review of Life Care Center of Hilliard
These guys are amazing. They have took care of my Grandmother for over 5 years. The building is always clean and smells good. The staff is friendly and very helpful. And I feel like they have done ... Read more
Review of Dayspring Senior Living
The cost was too high at Dayspring Senior Living. The manager and the person who handles the billing were knowledgeable and nice. It's a sad atmosphere. There were a lot of people in the lobby and ... Read more
Review of Dayspring Senior Living
I THOUGHT IT WAS NICE Read more