Osprey Village

Reviews of Osprey Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Osprey Village

February 10, 2015

By Leo3

Osprey Village was lovely. For one thing, the entry to the common area in the building had vaulted ceilings, it was clean, and someone had thoughtfully decorated it. It had lovely area rugs and big flower arrangements. It had pictures on the wall that had been chosen carefully. It was just a lovely place. I went there to see a young man play a piano; it was a piano concert, and the community was invited. I saw their dining facility because it was off of the common area -- which was actually huge -- and it was formal. It had nice tablecloths and nice chairs; it really was like a fine restaurant.

October 14, 2011

By REBECCAJS

I would recommend Cypress Village to anyone looking for an assisted living facility for a friend or family member. I have 2 close friends that reside at the facility whom I visit often, and they both love it. It is located in a beautiful location, within walking distance of the beach. The staff are very knowledgable and friendly. The property and living areas are kept spotless. Activities for residents are numerous, and staff assistance is always available. A facility all the way around.

Independent Living Reviews for Osprey Village

February 11, 2015

By Tuckie

My husband and I moved to Osprey Village in the summer of 2014. Originally from Connecticut, we had been vacationing in Florida over the past 17 years. Our daughter in law, who lives nearby Osprey in Ponte Vedra, was the one who told us about this great retirement community. As soon as we visited, we fell in love. What attracted us the most to this community was the colorful cottages and the layout of the neighborhood. The young, energetic staff keep us involved in many social activities and it is great to not have to cook as much! We eat in the Dining Room at least 4 nights out of the week. I believe it is important to be covered for future care, and Osprey Village provides it all! I highly recommend this wonderful retirement community.

February 11, 2015

By Harry Hitch

We’ve had friends that have gone ahead and made the transition to retirement living. They moved to big institutional looking buildings although inside there was great dining and beautiful finishes. We simply did not want that. We also looked at places in Vero Beach and realized they were the same big building feeling. Our children pushed us to look at 3 communities in Florida. We decided to take our time. We made an appointment here and the lifestyle advisor and did a great job of showing us cottages. We went home and thought about it for a few weeks. They had already sold the cottage we were interested in. But as luck would have it, they were completely renovating a cottage of the same floor plan. We were able to pick out all of the finishes. Then we had to sell our house. We were told the house would sell slowly and it sold it in 8 days. We had spent 52 years there and then had to be out in 2 months. We started meeting people here. The toughest thing was giving up close friends of many years. The good news is that we have made wonderful couple friends who have the prospect of being very close friends. This place grows on you. It has been a pleasant experience. Through recommendations we have been able to find physicians, a bank, and more. I have joined the Amelia River Golf Club. And we are involved in bridge groups.

January 30, 2015

By Patsy11

They showed me everything at Osprey Village, and they were very accommodating. It was nice -- very picture perfect -- but it was too expensive. There were nice little apartments with all the facilities in the room, and they have a full kitchen where you can go down and eat.

September 25, 2014

Osprey Village was gorgeous from the outside. It was well-maintained. The units were beautifully done, and the landscaping is good. During my visit, the staff was very wonderful and entertaining. It was obvious that they cared for the people.

May 27, 2014

By caring010524

We were at Osprey Village for a reception. It was a restaurant-type facility, with a number of round tables with nice tablecloths and silverware. I thought it was very nice. Food as well as the staff was very good. They were very attentive and professional. I will give them high marks. It seemed like a nice place; surely, we will be interested in it for ourselves.

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

8-Osprey Village Villa Apartments Amelia Island, Florida Our parents decided to return to Amelia Island, Florida when they retired. Now that both of them need a little personal help with daily tasks they have moved to the Retreat at Osprey Village which is an assisted living community just a short distance from their former beach home. They now have wonderful place to stay with all of the conveniences and amenities that you could possibly imagine. Staff members will respond 24 hours a day to any type of emergency and there is also the "˜around the clock' assistance for the small tasks that our parents now need help with. Recently we were invited to dine with our parents and we had a chance to sample some of the food that is served to community residents. The pasta was expertly prepared with a savory, sauce and the salad was refreshingly light and tasty. While my husband and I were suitably impressed my parents told us that this was just one of the less exotic meals on the menu. My sister and I have visited several times over the past year and we really appreciate the staff. From the housekeepers and maintenance crew to the personal care assistants and nurses-each person we have come in contact with is unfailingly friendly and courteous. On one occasion we had left the lights on in our car and they even helped us get the car started by using jumper cables. This happened during a rainstorm, and no one acted as if it were any sort of imposition. The fact that they treat everyone with respect and concern made a lasting impression on our hearts. We will never forget this kindness nor the care and love they shower on our parents.

Costs for Osprey Village

• Tennis Courts

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• About Osprey Village

Osprey Village is a senior community that offers independent living and assisted living options, plus memory care and rehabilitation services. The community is nationally recognized, and has an award-winning full-service wellness program. The community pledges a strong commitment to their residents’ happiness and even includes a “happiness guarantee”.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Osprey Village, located near Jacksonville on Amelia Island in Florida, has both independent living and assisted living housing options. The community’s independent living homes include two- or three-bedroom cottages and one- or two-bedroom villa apartments. The cottages range in size from 1,566 to 2,112 square feet.

All homes are customizable and designed to meet the needs of independent seniors. The villa apartments are ideal for individuals or couples who want to downsize, with floor plans ranging from 908 to 1,206 square feet. Each unit is equipped with a 24-hour emergency call system, and the community includes a dining room and clubhouse.

ASSISTED LIVING AND MEMORY CARE

Osprey Village’s assisted living area is known as The Retreat. It is staffed 24 hours with a registered nurse and amenities that include spacious units with private baths, medication management, meals prepared by an Executive Chef and an “Any Time Menu.” Other community amenities include housekeeping and laundry services, activities, wellness classes and programs, personal transportation, assistance with daily activities, and a hair salon.

The community’s memory care area is known as Reflections at the Retreat. Apartments in this part of the community feature accommodations tailored to those dealing with Alzheimer’s or dementia, and activities for memory care are overseen by Certified Dementia Practitioners. Physical, occupational and speech therapy are all available, and there is a secured outdoor area and holistic wellness program.

ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS

Social and wellness activities are a big part of Osprey Village. Residents can take part in special meals at local restaurants and organized outings to local theaters, attractions, museums, tours and shopping excursions. On-site, residents can participate in a large array of activities, from exercise classes to movie nights and game nights. Some recent social events at Osprey Village have included a Brazilian Carnival Night, a Hawaiian Luau and a Mardi Gras Celebration.

AMELIA ISLAND CLUB

A major draw of Osprey Village at Amelia Island is The Amelia Island Club. The club has a Signature Long Point golf course, 23 clay courts, a 20-yard heated indoor pool at the athletic club, two outdoor pools and two restaurants. Membership to the Amelia Island Club is included in the extensive amenity package for cottage owners.

Map of Osprey Village