11 Assisted Living Facilities near Rome, GA
With an average cost of $2,558 in Rome, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 36 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 6 facilities in Rome.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rome, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rome
Nestled against the foot of the scenic Appalachian Mountains to the north, Rome is the largest city in Floyd County. Home to nearly 37,000 people, over 14% of Rome's citizens are seniors aged 65 and over. No less than seven assisted living facilities operate within the city limits of Rome, while several other communities dot the hill country surrounding the town.
Seniors who opt to live in one of Rome's assisted living communities get room and board, help with daily activities such as dressing and laundry and often complimentary transportation to and from their doctors' offices. In Rome, these facilities, like all residential senior care communities in Georgia, are licensed and regulated through the Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rome
- The climate in Rome is variable and highly seasonal. Summers average daily high temperatures of 90 degrees in Rome, while overnight lows dip to 31 during the mild winters. Rome gets around 54 inches of rain in a typical year, mostly in summer, while a dusting of snow falls every couple of years here.
- The cost of living in Rome is low by national standards, with most combined personal expenses running to just 87% of the national average. Despite the lower than average cost of living, seniors in Rome do pay up to 12% more for healthcare in this part of Georgia.
Crime rates in Rome are high in comparison with national rates. Across all crime categories, Rome posts numbers roughly 15% higher than the national average. This rate has been in decline since 2010, and seniors in Rome live with a violent crime rate that's already down to the average for the rest of the country.
- The Rome Transit Department operates the Main Line and Tripper Transit services, which provide public transportation for many of Rome's seniors. Aging citizens ride scheduled routes on the Main Line at a discount with valid transit ID cards.
- The Rome area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Floyd Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Rome has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency On Aging Of Northwest Georgia, an organization that offers Rome seniors legal, health and educational support, care referrals and caregiver resources, as well as more than four senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rome
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Rome start around $2,558 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rome and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rome
Seniors in Rome who have difficulty meeting the financial demands of assisted living may meet the income guidelines for the state's enhanced Social Security low-income stipend (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rome
Rome and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rome, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rome
Rome-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rome, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rome
Review of Brookdale Rome
Brookdale Rome is perfect. The staff is kind, willing, available, always smiling, and always positive. I have nothing negative to say about them. They have a calendar of events. They have church se... Read more
Review of Winthrop Court
Winthrop Court was very nice. The lobby was excellent, beautiful, and very inviting. Everything was very clean. The dining room was outstanding. The people were very nice. The guy who did the tour ... Read more
Review of Riverwood Senior Living
We chose Riverwood Senior Living because some of the services that my father needed or still needs were part of the base price whereas they were ala carte over at other places. It's also located tw... Read more