Copper Village

Reviews of Copper Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Copper Village

August 01, 2011

By Emmyrose

This facility has 90 residents. They're basically all Alzheimer's and dementia care patients. They have about 9 cottages. They have a cook on staff and a kitchen in the main building, but they serve breakfast in each cottage. They have private and semi-private bedrooms in the cottages. There are two to three assistants twenty-four hours a day. They have games, exercises, small concerts, and church. They offer physical therapy for the residents, and they have a hairdresser. Some of the residents will go out to doctor's appointments, and sometimes the doctors will come to them, depending on the residents' insurance. The grounds are fairly nice. It has to be closed in so that the residents don't wander. There's a lawn, there's trees and shrubs "“ no courtyard, but there's an area where they can sit outside. It's kind of a cute place. Most of the staff seems pretty good, but they're dealing with Alzheimer's and dementia patients, who can sometimes get exasperating.

July 18, 2011

By leezee

My mother and I visited Legacy on a whim when a neighbor of hers said she had toured a brand new facility off McKellips road in Mesa. The building itself is nice, reminded me more of apartments than a facility, although some slight aspects did remind me of a facility, namely the large open parking lot in front rather than parking closer to the building. Nice, desert landscaping, rock and low floral bushes, the creep-along-the-ground kind which is pretty typical in the Southwest. Not too many trees but probably because the facility is relatively new, it will take time for the few trees I did see to grow. Very nice indoors. Clean, wide open hallways. Absolutely beautiful lobby type area with huge couches and chairs, definitely decorated like a home and not a facility. The care that was put into little details was nice, big plants and cactus. It was relatively quiet when my mother and I toured, but the staff was very helpful in showing us around, answering all of my mom's questions and taking us through several of the different sized rooms. Near the end of our visit, it was around the lunch hour and my mother and I were both invited to a complimentary lunch. The food was great and there were literally staff throughout serving residents, pouring coffee. A lot of residents enjoying the lunch, talking with each other. Another woman, perhaps the director of the facility, I'm not sure but a business type came into the room and stopped at nearly every table to say hello and ask how people's day was going. Nice place. Worth a look and possibly even a second look.

About Copper Village

Copper Village is a senior living provider in Mesa, Arizona that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Copper Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Copper Village