Brookdale Cedar Springs

Reviews of Brookdale Cedar Springs

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Cedar Springs

April 12, 2019

By Margaret

Brookdale Cedar Springs has independent living, assisted living, and hospice care, and you don't have to move out of your apartment. It's wonderful. You get two meals a day, there are rides to take you places, and if I have to go to the doctor I just need to tell them beforehand. The people are very kind and nice, and they clean once a week. I just tell them my problem and they come over and take care of it. They're very proficient. They have a button that I'm supposed to hit every day to tell them I'm alive. They're very sweet and everybody's very helpful. I'm in a separate housing area that's separate from the apartments. I have a backyard with trees, two bedrooms, a living room, and a full kitchen. I have a cat and they don't have a problem with animals. I really like it here. The food is very nice and they come to the table like waiters. They have different choices or you can get a sandwich. They have a ton of activities. It costs a lot more than where I was, but you get the meals, coordinated activities, maid service once a week, and if I get sick they will bring the meal to me. It feels like home and like everything I wanted.

November 14, 2016

By Frederick465725

I was very impressed with Brookdale Cedar Springs. It's a really nice and well maintained place. The staff was very nice, very pleasant, and very helpful. The residents were doing what they want to do. Some were reading, some were walking, some were sitting and talking, and some were doing various other activities. The dining area was very nice, very well maintained, and very clean.

August 09, 2013

By Grace11

My parents lived in Cedar Springs for two years and it was a good facility. They staff was great and very helpful. But my big complaint was the food because everything was fried and it wasn't good.

Questions about Brookdale Cedar Springs

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Cedar Springs. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 81. Many like Flex Your Brain, B-fit exercise, playing cards, socialization at meal time, going to Wal-Mart and out to eat once a month.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Wal-Mart, Mall, Water Aerobics at the Aqua Dome, gyms, Movie Theaters, restaurants, Duck Pond at our community and Art Center down town.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Cedar Springs has organized?

Monthly trips out to eat; Mystery rides; Concerts in the Park; 3 times a week to Water Aerobics; Weekly trips to Wal-Mart and errand day.

What transportation services does Brookdale Cedar Springs offer to independent living residents?

Brookdale Cedar Springs has 2 buses equipped with handicap lifts. Buses transport to local doctors, Dentists, weekly shopping trips and take scheduled activity trips according to season and resident interests.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Cedar Springs exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Food is delicious. We offer choices of food at each meal. Serve restaurant style with full service. Menu offers a 3 course meal and 2 Entrees choices per meal. With alternates available.. Cakes are made by scratch.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Dining room. Den, library and puzzle area, Club Room, sitting areas, beauty shop, computer room, sitting areas outside.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Cedar Springs offer to independent living residents?

Each bedroom and bathroom has an emergency pull system. We also have a check in system that if they do not push a button by 10 am then we call or physically check on them. It is a gated community with surveillance cameras. Doors to main building is locked at night but they have their own key. Fire alarm and sprinkle system and fire doors. Well-lit parking lot.

If Brookdale Cedar Springs accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale Cedar Springs is a Pet friendly community. All IL apartments have either a balcony or patio. The Patio Homes have direct access to the outdoors as well. The community is located on 14 acres of land with plenty of grassy area for animals.

Does Brookdale Cedar Springs work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

The Independent Living has Personalized Living services to provide assistance in the area of dressing, bathing, toileting, medication reminders and other services contracted. All residents can have either Home Health or Hospice as ordered by their doctor.

Costs for Brookdale Cedar Springs

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1
  • Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Alabama State License

About Brookdale Cedar Springs

Brookdale Cedar Springs provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

At Cedar Springs we offer a beautiful 14 acre gated campus with a pond out front.

Map of Brookdale Cedar Springs