Menomonee Falls Health Care Center

Reviews of Menomonee Falls Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Menomonee Falls Health Care Center

September 29, 2011

By Barb2

My grandmother was a month-long resident at Menomonee Falls HCC in Menomonee Falls. The location was handy for my mother and myself for frequent visits and it is a very short drive from Milwaukee. It is an older facility and some areas show some wear and tear. My grandmother was in an extensive care area of the facility with a lung infection and mobility issues and we had hopes that the constant care would be a benefit. The staff was friendly, when we saw them, however, there were many times when trying to track down a nurse or an aide involved wandering the halls hoping to find one after pressing the call button yielded no results. My grandmother had no issues with the food (though it all looked a bit bland to me and my grandmother was not on any sort of restricted diet) and there were several menu items that appealed to her. Her room, while sparse and not exactly inviting, was kept very clean. When we expressed concern about how long it took to get a nurse or aide to come, they moved my grandmother to a room near the front desk area. Things did improve, however, the area tended to be noisy, making sleep difficult. After a final move to yet another room, we finally seemed to have the right formula of a good room and faster staff response time. My grandmother, having been a nurse herself, found several of the nurses would take the time to chat about their jobs and just stop in and say hello. I believe my grandmother was probably far more tolerant about staff shortages and slow response times because of her previous experience. The patience of the staff and their willingness to take some of their own time with my grandmother was greatly appreciated especially because my grandmother was not from the area and none of her friends were able to visit. Sadly, my grandmother passed away and honestly, the staff couldn't have handled it any better or with more compassion and care. We also appreciated that the staff really did seem to know my grandmother and told us a few little anecdotes about her stay there. While the facility itself may be in need of some TLC, the staff was a kind and dedicated bunch of people.

About Menomonee Falls Health Care Center

Menomonee Falls Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Menomonee Falls Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Menomonee Falls Health Care Center