Peach Tree Retirement Center

Reviews of Peach Tree Retirement Center

Independent Living Reviews for Peach Tree Retirement Center

August 30, 2015

By Cinkima

My mom fell at home 6 months age and was in rehab for approximately 6 weeks. After that she needed additional support but want to keep her independence not wanting to "burden" her kids. Peach Tree Retirement Center provides just that 3 delicious meals and snacks, organized activities and a bus for trips for appointments or shopping. I could not be more pleased with mom's new home. She had stopped socializing after the death of her husband 3 years ago and I see her returning to her old cheerful self. Thank you staff at Peach Tree for all you have done to assist with my mom's return to good health.

March 25, 2015

By Kathy103787150

Mom is in Peach Tree. We are happy with her placement. There are all kinds of activities.

February 24, 2012

By Mona Verona

My husband's maternal grandmother and grandfather, who are both in their 90s, have lived here for about two years. We visit them often. While a modest facility, the grounds are neat and tidy, and there is ample parking for both residents, employees, and guests. The lobby and hallways are always very clean and pleasantly decorated with flowers and pictures on the walls. The lobby also has a relaxation area where we often see residents chatting with one another or just sitting to get a change of view from their apartments. There is a very large cafeteria and kitchen area, which we have always noted is also very clean. There is a cute little shop where residents can sell and buy crafts made by the residents. There's also a small beauty parlor/barber shop on the premises. The craft/activity room is quite large with many different types of supplies to entertain the residents. This is also where there are regularly-scheduled bingo games and other group activities. The individual apartments are quite nice, with a separate bedroom and bathroom, as well as a mini-kitchen area consisting of a full-sized refrigerator, small sink, and microwave oven. Grandpa and Grandma furnished their own apartment but I'm given to understand that furniture may be available if the resident has none of their own. Both the living area and their bedroom have windows. The doors are wide enough to accomodate wheelchairs, as are the rooms themselves, including the bathroom. Peach Tree has cleaning staff for the residents' apartments. While I've never had a meal there, guests are welcome to eat with the residents. Grandma and Grandpa are rather picky eaters and don't always enjoy the meals they are served but I chalk that up to their temperaments rather than the probable quality of the food itself. The cooking staff make an effort to provide well-balanced, nutritional meals of variety. I've noted that many residents leave their doors open to the public hallway; Grandma and Grandpa seldom lock their door. A spirit of community is felt there and I'm told that residents often visit one another. Pets are also allowed here which I'm certain goes a long way in comforting those residents who have had to leave their homes behind; especially if they seldom have family visit them. My husband and I are grateful Grandma and Grandpa are in a place where they are safe and well-cared-for as well as entertained. I've not met the medical staff but I'm given to understand there is a nurse on duty at all times in case of need. There is no feeling of the residents being held in neglectful captivity here. I don't know what Grandma and Grandpa pay as rent; I do know they both receive Social Security and Grandpa has his pension. However, I've never gotten the impression from any of the family that the place is overly expensive or that they're hurting for money. I wouldn't mind living here myself.

Costs for Peach Tree Retirement Center

Photos of Peach Tree Retirement Center

Services and Amenities of Peach Tree Retirement Center

• Housing Extra: Suites

• Get Costs

About Peach Tree Retirement Center

Peach Tree Retirement Center in Yakima is an Independent Retirement Community for active seniors and those who are in their older youth. We serve seniors and their families in Yakima and the surrounding areas such as West Valley, Terrace Heights, Union Gap, Selah, and other cities in the Central Washington Area. Many of our family residents have moved to Peach Tree Retirement Center from all around the United States.

Peach Tree Retirement Center is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood in Yakima, overlooking a beautiful mini orchard and a garden filled with vegetables and fresh herbs. Peach Tree Retirement Center's home-like setting is on 4 gorgeously landscaped acres. It's a peachy keen place to call home. All units are on a single level, beautifully appointed, and ready to move in. Enjoy home-style meals prepared fresh and served three times a day. Participate in fun daily activities, and the professional staff at Peach Tree treat you like part of their family. This truly is an independent senior living in style. Everything's peachy at Peach Tree Retirement Center.

Our Yakima community is conveniently located close to restaurants, doctor’s offices, churches, banks, a post office and more. We are centrally located and nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood just minutes from local hospitals; Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital. The reason more and more folks are calling Peach Tree in Yakima, Washington home is because of our friendly atmosphere where families and their loved ones are treated as one of the family.

Amenities:

• Dining Room
    • General Store
    • Hair Salon
    • Exercise Room
    • Activity Room
    • Laundry Room

Peach Tree Retirement Center is Your Senior Living Family Style! We have a country-like setting, with friendly and caring staff and residents that we call family. As a team, we are dedicated to making every day the best day of our residents' lives.

Map of Peach Tree Retirement Center