9 Assisted Living Facilities near Wenatchee, WA
Also serving communities of Cashmere, Leavenworth.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wenatchee area, with 7 in Wenatchee and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wenatchee is $3,390 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 43 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wenatchee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wenatchee 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wenatchee, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Wenatchee, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wenatchee
A beautiful mountain community located in central Washington, Wenatchee is known as the Apple Capital of the World, because of its many orchards. It is also sometimes referred to as the Buckle of the Power Belt of the Great Northwest because it is located in the center of a series of hydroelectric dams on the Columbia River. In 2017, Forbes listed Wenatchee as one of the nation’s best places to retire. For retiring seniors who need daily assistance, there are seven assisted living facilities within the city and six nearby.
Regulated by the Washington State Department of Social Services, assisted living facilities to provide personal care and can help administer medications to seniors. To qualify as an assisted living facility, it must have at least seven residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wenatchee
- The Wenatchee area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Central Washington Hospital and Clinic and the Wenatchee Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Wenatchee has an array of community resources for seniors, including the RSVP of North Central Washington, an organization that helps seniors put their talents and experience to work, as well as at least one senior center.
- For transportation back and forth to medical appointments, to purchase groceries and for other necessary outings, seniors have several options available. The Wenatchee Valley Shuttle provides schedules rides both one-way and round-trip at discount prices, and Link Transit also offers a way for seniors to get around.
- Like many cities in the state of Washington, Wenatchee has a higher cost of living than the national average. The city has a cost of living that is slightly lower than other cities in the state, which may benefit seniors living on a budget within the state.
- In Wenatchee, crime is ranked on a scale from one to 100, with one being low and 100 on the high range. Violent crime in Wenatchee is ranked 19.1, which is lower than the national average. Property crime is ranked 50,5, which is higher than the national average.
- Wenatchee has four distinctive seasons throughout the year. Summer highs are around 88 degrees Fahrenheit, while January lows are around 25 degrees Fahrenheit. The area gets approximately 9 inches of rain per year and 24 inches of snow.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wenatchee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Wenatchee start around $3,390 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wenatchee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wenatchee
Financial assistance is available for eligible seniors who live in assisted living facilities in Wenatchee. This assistance is provided by the Medicaid Waiver program for the state of Washington. Also called the Community Options Program Entry System (COPES), this aid pays for most personal care needs, including assistance with self-administration of medication and some types of nursing care for those living in private apartments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wenatchee
Wenatchee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wenatchee, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wenatchee
Wenatchee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wenatchee
Review of Riverwest Assisted Living
My friend was at Riverwest Assisted Living and it was a beautiful place. It was great, they were well cared for, and it was really clean. We were allowed to go in and have lunch with our friend. Th... Read more
Review of Highgate at Wenatchee
Highgate genuinely cares for their people. It is an outstanding place because of their staff and the actual facility. First of all, the facility is gorgeous with beautifully clean rooms and is sa... Read more
Review of Avamere at Wenatchee
Avamere at Wenatchee was a very delightful place. My father has a childhood friend living there who feels like he's died and gone to heaven. We're looking at the possibility of him moving in there.... Read more