VMRC

Reviews of VMRC

Independent Living Reviews for VMRC

February 28, 2012

By ShannonR89

My experience with this assisted living/nursing home care provider has been positive. The facility is nicer than many I have been in. They put an effort into making the facility look nice and clean. The staff is more professional than in other facilities I have been in. One thing I particularly appreciate about Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community is that they provide more choices and freedom for their residents. The residents have the ability to get up as early or go to bed or as late as they want to without being discouraged by staff. They also offer more choices regarding meals. Many facilities have a set menu each day and other than that the residents can only choose sandwiches. That is not the case here. They have a larger menu of items that are available every day in addition to the daily menu. If I had to choose a facility to place my family members in this is the one I would choose.

January 20, 2012

By NmF65

I have visited this facility to see friends and neighbors staying there. It is the nicest retirement home I have ever visited. The staff is very gentle and helpful. I have seen residents out in public with care takers who go with them to do shopping, attend functions, etc. What I like most about this facility though is how they bring culture to the residents. Every year there is an art show in the main hall. Children's choirs from the community come perform. Sometimes, independent piano teachers have their students perform for the residents. There are a lot of homes out there where the resident's day is just sitting alone, watching TV, going to the mess hall. But here, there are things to do. They are treated like people, not patients. My only qualm is that this is an expensive place to live. Many families do not have the money to foot the bill. I wish they had scholarship programs like some boarding schools do.

Nursing Home Reviews for VMRC

Photos of VMRC

Services and Amenities of VMRC

• Detached Homes

About VMRC

Our apartment homes come in a variety of floor plans with balconies and patios. You'll find that our interconnected, climate-controlled campus sets us apart offering convenience and amenities such as a Main Street store and first-rate Wellness Center. You'll enjoy maintenance-free living in all of our homes, including our duplexes, situated on quiet streets and cul-de-sacs. Our community is located in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge and Massanutten mountains.

VMRC - Rooms

Rooms Include: Full Kitchen, Utilities Included, Wheel Chair Access

VMRC - Community Features

Community Includes: TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Parking, Swimming Pool, Billiards, Fitness Center, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest speakers, Travel, Volunteer Programs.

VMRC - Outside Care

Allows outside In-Home Care/Home Health Care Services: Yes Provides tranasportation to Doctor's appointments and local area attractions: Yes

VMRC - Dining