Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center

Reviews of Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center

October 16, 2019

By Hidee

My husband went there after hip surgery. He was suffering from Parkinson's Disease and also Dementia. He was treated terrible. One morning I went to see him and he was lying on his bed as high as it would go, his oxygen was taken off him, he only had on a diaper and the heat was turned off (it was 26 degrees outside). He was prone to trying to get out of bed, His door was shut. All they said was that they were sorry. I spent a lot of time with him while he was there. They would call me in at night and expected me to stay with him all night, because they said "they were unable to take care of him". I did it a couple of nights until my children said "no more, that is what they are getting good money for." They never offered him water.....he only got it when I was there. He was unable to ask for himself. Later, when he got to a permanent nursing home he was in kidney failure do to being dehydrated. He lost a lot of weight also while being there, as he was unable to feed himself. I believe he only got fed when I was there. They relied upon alarms to let them know he was trying to get out of his wheel chair or bed, but didn't actually check on him. They kept him so doped up that he was rarely conscious. They sent him to his doctor in only a shirt and pants on a cold 20 degree day in the winter. Luckily the van driver, who was very nice, kept the van running to keep him warn when he got back in. I also talked to other people who have had this same experience, especially with patients who have dementia. I would actually rate this terrible place as a "no star", it was that bad. The only thing going was the cleanliness. The food was nothing to brag about either. They served him a pork chop one day that was tougher than leather. They never took him to any activities, I didn't know they had any. This is not a place for anyone who has dementia or any other depilatory problem. I would never send another loved one of mine there.

June 13, 2017

By ME20

My grandpa is currently staying at this facility and they have been amazing. He gets constant attention from the staff and gets two hours of rehab every day. He says that the food is really good and that he is enjoying his rehab process. He had a quintuple bypass heart surgery and required a lot of care. The staff is doing a great job taking care of him and making sure that all of his needs are met. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone that is looking for a rehabilitation or care center.

April 14, 2017

By Tenielson

Our experience at Thatcher Brook was horrific. My mother was in this facility for 20 days and she almost died. One of the scariest incidents that occurred was one evening while I was there, my mom could not breath. She was desperately trying to take breaths as tears ran down her face. She said to me "The nurses do not believe me". She has congestive heart failure and her lungs were filling with water. I ran out to the front desk desperate to find someone to help her and give her Lasix medication. The CNA came in and sat her up straighter in her bed and checked her oxygen and said it was okay but that she would get the nurse. At least an hour and a half later the nurse came in and told me the same thing the CNA did. That her oxygen was normal. I explained to her that this is a pattern, her oxygen always seems normal but if they x-rayed her her lungs they would see that her lungs were filling with water. I told the nurse she would need to call the Dr. I asked her to call "Her" Doctor not the Doctor on staff because he knew her history. Finally hours later they did get ahold of "Her" Doctor and was given instructions to give my mom Lasix medication twice a day for 5 days. They gave her 1 dose I stayed until I felt she would be okay. I am not sure what they were planning to do that night. Were they just going to let her suffocate? The next morning my sister went to stay with mom and found out that the day staff nurses had no idea what went on the night before. Nor had they given my mom the prescribed medication "Lasix". How does that even happen???? They informed my sister that they don't call Doctors at night. What??? There is most certainly a disconnect with the day staff and the night. This scary, incompetent behavior happened over and over again. They have a total disregard for human life. This was just one of our wonderful experiences with this facility

November 30, 2015

By BG

My wife was in Thatcher Brook rehab for two months. They were good. She was in a private room, which was nice sized. The dining room was fine too. She went to rehab twice a day. Everybody was friendly, and they did a good job. They got her back on her feet.

Services and Amenities of Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center

Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center is a senior living provider in Clearfield, Utah that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Thatcher Brook Rehabilitation Care Center