Anthology of Denton

Reviews of Anthology of Denton

Assisted Living Reviews for Anthology of Denton

June 08, 2017

By disappointed people

They make promises and commitments, however when, (not if but when) they fail, instead of taking responsibility and fix it they get defensive.

April 24, 2017

By Reviewer582661

The Village is too large for someone that is physically limited. Between one apartment and the front door, there is only one place to sit down and rest. One bench is not enough, it's just too large. There's also a problem with the timing of automatic doors for wheelchair assistance. When you walk in, you can't get through the exterior door before the interior one starts to close on the wheelchair person. The receptionist sits at her desk and watches you struggle to get through the door. Also if they're working with senior adults, a lot of them are hard of hearing, so they should accommodate that. I would have moved mom a long time ago, but she would go on the decline again. So I had to hire people to check things out for me regularly. I understand The Village has the very best of intentions, but they are so new with gaps in training that could potentially cause issues with administration of medication. In all fairness to the staff, the lady that takes care of the apartments and the laundry, she's magical. The food is fabulous and the dining experience is fabulous. The Village has the best food of any facility we've ever been in.

April 20, 2017

By PeteKamp

New, nice, clean, expensive. All of the staff was friendly - until you have a problem. I moved my Mom in on March 13th. I got a phone call on March 14th around midnight telling me she had fallen and was sent by ambulance to the hospital. She hit her head and broke her neck - I do not blame anyone, but she was in their care and NEVER to this day have they even asked how she is doing or about her condition. Getting out of the lease was not pleasant or easy. A day and a half cost me $4,000.00! I tried to get her medications returned to me (paid for by family) for a month. I phoned, emailed, and went by twice to try to get her property and was told every time to wait to hear from Priscilla (talked to her earlier in the process also). I finally talked to the director today, April 20th and she very rudely told me that since I had left them for so long they were destroyed last week! One of my visits to get them back was last week! About $400.00 worth of medications and her two week pill organizer. All anyone at The Village has been concerned about is getting back their keys to the apartment. Still, no thought to my mother or her condition. I had carefully visited and interviewed many places before making this mistake. I needed professional help with my Mom and this is what I got! Be cautious! Pete Kamp Former Mayor Pro Tem, City of Denton

April 13, 2017

By Glenna835704

Anything new, like the Village, is wonderful. Tina, who took us on the tour, was delightful. Everyone we met was delightful, and we were very impressed. I did not care for the modern décor ,but this is just a personal preference, and it is not a negative. The Village is probably the one that we will end up going to because they have walk-in closets as opposed to just the wall closets. They have everything that we could ever possibly need or want. Since they are new, their people have followed just about everything enough, and we were very impressed with the entire facility. The staff was very efficient, courteous, friendly, and warm. I couldn’t ask for a better welcome. We looked at their dining, and we were very pleased with it.

November 06, 2016

By Jenny160266

The Village is a brand new place , so it didn’t have many patients yet. As far as the building and layout, it was excellent. It was clean, and the rooms were very nice, but it was a little expensive. The person who showed me around was very cordial and very nice.

August 26, 2016

By So Happy Cathy!!

Recently my parents moved into a two bedroom apartment at The Village Assisted Living in Denton, TX. On our first visit we were welcomed by Kim Rameriz who provided us with much needed information, gave us a tour, and had lunch with us in the beautiful dining room. We had visited other facilities and could see this one was special gaving us the option of more room and a homier setting and a friendly staff. We were pretty quick to sign on and choose a unit. The apartment is lovely! It feels like a home. We chose a unit that has an enclosed patio looking into a beautiful courtyard. This alone adds to the comfort my parents feel. The amenities are outstanding and the public areas are furnished attractive and very comfortable and are extended areas to be enjoyed by residents, families and friends. The dining room looks like a beautiful restaurant and serves a menu full of delicious choices as well as an all the time menu for anyone who is wanting what I think of as....comfort food. (hamburgers, sandwiches, baked potato, chicken strips, etc) Thank you dining staff. Job well done. The rest of the staff had been very kind and helpful to my parents and are appreciated. As I said, Kim has been wonderful to work with answering questions and taking care of getting mom and dad moved in with as little hassle as possible. The day my parents moved in there were 70th anniversary balloons, a basket of goodies, a nothing but bundt cake, and a beautiful card signed by staff. See what I mean. Thanks Kim! Kevin the person in charge of maintenance has been a huge help. He's gone above and beyond with getting the apartment in just the right shape for their comfort and health issues and then asking if there is anything else he can do to help. Thanks Kevin! I want to thank The Village for a job well done!

June 17, 2016

By Ron516148

The Village is a new facility, and overall, I think it's a very well-managed place. The young lady that I talked to was very nice and very hospitable. I liked the layout of the place, what they will be doing in there, and some of the rooms I visited.

Memory Care Reviews for Anthology of Denton

Questions about Anthology of Denton

What programs or activities does Anthology of Denton offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Arm Chair Travel ART Happy Hour Pet Therapy Health Education Sewing Lunch Bunch Outings Birthdays

What places are near Anthology of Denton or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Target, Lots of Restaurants, Walmart

What transportation services does Anthology of Denton offer to assisted living residents?

Dr, Stores, Outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Anthology of Denton exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Scratch Kitchen Cooking. Dinning from 7am - 6pm Can order any time.

What safety features or security measures does Anthology of Denton offer to assisted living residents?

Pendant call. Nursing

How does Anthology of Denton keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Email and regular mail communication. Open door policy. All families are given director cell phones

Costs for Anthology of Denton

Photos of Anthology of Denton

Services and Amenities of Anthology of Denton

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost: $2000

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• Licenses: 148121

About Anthology of Denton

At Anthology, we believe each person has a unique life story. That’s why we’ve created a senior living experience that provides our residents with the best in hospitality and care, so they can live their story in a beautiful, meaningful way. From sophisticated accommodations to programs involving high-tech, high-touch care, we’ve set the new standard in senior living.

Featuring exceptional accommodations, services and experiences, supported by a thoughtfully composed care plan and passionate caregivers, we provide everything you need to live your best life within a dynamic, engaging community you’ll love.

• Spacious, private accommodations with studio, 1- and 2-bedroom floor plans
  • 3 Gourmet meals prepared by in-house chefs
  • Formal restaurant-style dining room
  • Home maintenance, weekly housekeeping and linen services
  • Diverse common areas and beautifully landscaped spaces
  • Assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, grooming and dining
  • Coordination of care, specialized wellness services and more
  • Dynamic calendar of daily social, cultural and recreational activities
  • Exercise, fitness and wellness programs designed to engage residents
  • Welcoming foyer with concierge available
  • Full-service salon and massage services
  • Community activity center with library
  • Theater
  • Craft room

Our Virtue Memory Care Neighborhoods are designed to ensure that residents thrive in mind, body and spirit. Carefully curated artwork features local landmarks and nostalgic images to evoke feelings of home, while memory displays located outside each resident’s room feature personal pictures and mementos to strengthen community connections and provide familiarity.

Right outside of Dallas, just far enough to smell the Texas redbuds in bloom, sits the one-of-a-kind city of Denton. Known for its historic character and musical traditions, this vibrant town is home to a new kind of senior living community. It’s a place where residents engage with one another as friends and neighbors, surrounded by individualized support and a hometown feel.

Map of Anthology of Denton