Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Reviews of Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

January 15, 2015

By guardian11

At first I was very impressed with Cedar bayou rehab in Baytown Tx. Since my grandma has been there it has went down hill fast. She Caught pneumonia. We got the news from my grandma of course. Expect very little communication from them they are way to busy for that. Even though they were supposed to contact us on changes of health. The button that is used to let the staff know about patients needing help is mostly a joke on that hall. I myself have been there and witnessed over a hour pass before a nurse even looks in. My cousin talked to administrator and asked if there was a staff shortage. His answer was we have plenty of staff but yet problem remain's along with many other problems. Have had problems with a nurse that has a attitude problem. Have complained twice about her. Have seen several very good nurses leave during this process. I get the impression some do more work than others and the ones that don't like it bother the others until they leave. Complaining to management is pointless at this place. They tell you what you want to hear and that is far as it goes. The rehab is only good thing about this place. Very nice people in rehab.

July 20, 2014

By Marilyn29

We used Cedar Bayou Rehabilation and Healthcare Center, but we were not happy with it, and we are no longer using that facility. We had expectations about my father's care that we just felt were never fulfilled. My dad was there under a hospice program, and I did not think that the facility and the hospice care company worked well together. There was a lot of pointing fingers. My mother was spending all day there with my dad, and we felt that we would all be better off if we just brought my dad home under hospice care. The rooms were clean and the grounds were very nice; it was a very pretty facility. It was just our expectations about what my dad's care would be, and I am not saying it was anything bad, but we just thought there would be more and it never happened. And again, there was the hospice giver saying things that should have happened and the facility blaming the hospice. So we were just stuck in the middle of a situation that I'd have guessed was a bad situation to be in. But I don't have a real complaint about the facility. Again, we just thought there was going to be more therapy for my dad, and it just didn't happen. We just didn't feel like it was the best situation for my mother or for him. There were people on the staff who did a wonderful job and obviously cared about all the patients, not just my dad, and there were some people who just had a job, which is true in any industry, and were just there to clock in and do what they had to do. They did not give the appearance of liking what they did. But there were a lot of people there who were very, very good and were very friendly towards my dad and my mom, and I appreciated those people. There were some who did a good job and others who didn't. Again, nobody did anything bad. There were just some people who were better slated to do that kind of work. I thought the food was very good. My dad is kind of picky, and so my mother didn't like it because they've got everything he didn't want, but I think overall their food was just fine.

Services and Amenities of Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Baytown, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Cedar Bayou Rehabilitation and Health Care Center