Allenbrook Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Allenbrook Healthcare Center

March 30, 2012

By BARNESS

Other

MY MOTHER WAS A RESIDENT AT THIS FACILITY FOR 7 MONTHS. THE FLOOR IN HER BATHROOM WAS SO STICKY MY SHOES STUCK TO IT. SHE GOT A BLADDER INFECTION AND NOTHING WAS DONE UNTIL HER SKIN TURNED YELLOW AND IT WAS TOO LATE FOR HER TO BE HELPED. SHE GOT SEPSIS INFECTION AND IT SHUT DOWN HER ORGANS AND SHE DIED. SHE WAS SO DEHIDRED THE HAD TO PUMP 5 BAGS OF SOLUTION INTO HER TO REHIDRATE HER. WHEN I WOULD GO TO VISIT HER I ENDED UP MAKING HER BED AND CLEANING THE ROOM. I DID HER LAUNDRY BECAUSE THEY WASHED AND DRYED HER HEARING AID. IT TOOK ME A MONTH TO CONVENCE THEM THAT I WOULD DO HER LAUNDRY. THEY SAID IT MADE THE ROOM SMELL. I SAID YOU CAN WALK DOWN THE HALL ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT AND IT REEKS OF URINE. NOT ONE KNOWS ANYTHING AND I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO IS LIVING THERE. ANY TIME I WOULD ASK A QUESTION NO ONE KNEW ABOUT IT. I HOPE MY MOTHER WILL FORGIVE ME FOR PUTTING HER THROU THAT. DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVING PARENT I THEIS PLACE.

March 15, 2012

By akmp82

My mother was a resident at Allenbrook Nursing Home. It was sub-par to say the least. The smell was horrendous and the facility itself was filthy. There were not enough staff members to go around and they seemed uncaring to say the least. their patients were more of a nuisance than a priority. The residents with dementia are treated like prisoners. They are kept in a locked corridor with bars on the windows and chains on the doors. Seeing those people in there was gut wrenching. I took my mother home with me and bathed her myself after First requests and then complaints fell on deaf ears. My mother also seemed to be sedated the majority of the time. After my mothers death I learned that during her stay at Allenbrook she suffered a broken arm and had never received medical attention for it. I pray everyday that my mother forgives me for not having the resources to provide her with better care.

March 09, 2012

By medicalguy2501

This facility is dirty, and constantly has the aroma of urine in the air. Patients don't get the attention required to maintain healthy hygiene. Some patients are even ignored by the staff. I have been in and out of it for sometime now and the staff there doesn't seem to care about the patients. I personal have seen patients calling for a nurses help for over 30 minutes without ever getting the help they needed from staff. The staff gather all the smokers in the front driveway a few times a day for smoke breaks. there are several patients that have had to be removed from the facility that are not even suppose to be there. This place is truly one of the worst facilities that I have ever had a chance to visit! What ever you do, do not let your love ones spend their last days in a place of this stature!

Services and Amenities of Allenbrook Healthcare Center

About Allenbrook Healthcare Center

Allenbrook Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Baytown, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Allenbrook Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Allenbrook Healthcare Center