Westminster

Reviews of Westminster

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Westminster

August 26, 2011

By glass artist

The living facility with apartments is wonderful. Happy community of residents. The health care center, though, is horrible! Caretakers are below average for the industry, excuses are constantly given as to why your loved one is getting worse, is not bathed properly, is not being given correct doses of medicines, etc. etc. After our personal experience, I would never wish this health care facility on my worst enemy! Beware,,,,,,the fancy presentation about excellent longterm care is VERY deceptive. Caregivers prefer to ignore patients and their families until a crisis is discovered and then reported to management. Then more excuses are given to cover their obvious mistakes and horrible care of your loved one.Beware.

July 18, 2011

By emrfd

My client's father lived at Westminster Manor and I provided physical therapy to him for about a year. Westminster is definitely a high-end, luxury assisted living community, and I would expect the price tag to be on the higher-end of the scale. The food is excellent and living areas are spacious and comfortable. The housing I personally saw was the 1-bedroom apartment, although I believe they also offer 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Westminster residents don't need a car to visit downtown Austin. The community provides scheduled transportation to shopping, doctors' appointments, banks, and errands. When I was there, Westminster was in the process of building a new community center with auditorium, art studio, larger pool and library. I believe they were also building more exercise rooms. This community has a ton of programs for residents, including scheduled guest speakers, lots of exercise classes, and monthly day trips. This is a highly organized community that is very efficiently run. From what I have seen, they provide very good care to residents.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Photos of Westminster

About Westminster

When it comes to Austin retirement communities, there is no stronger icon for progressive senior living than Westminster. As our history of service, passion and vision approaches the 50-year mark, our goal is to innovate and add something fresh and new, while keeping the essence of our community alive and well.

We're reaching this goal by combining contemporary, forward-thinking design innovation with high-quality health service as part of our unique Life Care concept. Our new Windsor apartment homes and Arbour Health Care Center set a new benchmark, not only for retirement communities in Austin, but for Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) everywhere. Exciting new amenities, designed to bring residents and their families together, will also deepen our community's culture of wellness. Experience Westminster retirement community, here in Austin's most desirable location, as we usher in a new era of refined retirement living.

Map of Westminster