Cascades Verdae

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

10 Fountainview Terrace, Greenville, SC 29607
Cascades Verdae (864) 528-5501

Reviews of Cascades Verdae

Assisted Living Reviews for Cascades Verdae

May 16, 2015

I like this place!

May 14, 2015

By Dolores England

They gave us very good care.

April 17, 2015

By Mary Love Jones

I like living at Cascades. I think that everyone is eager to keep us entertained and busy with things to do. Ed keeps us entertained and Sheila and others take care of getting your interested in other things. I'm looking forward to my stay here.

February 18, 2015

By anonymous 54

I had a parent in rehab care. My folks did not want to complain but heard following from them: dirty bathroom- not cleaned regularly (witnessed), did not change sheets in a week, care givers friendly but loud outside rooms, food poor. No therapy on weekends and therapists do not follow schedule. Parents unimpressed with care, will not be recommending and will seek alternate care if needed. Gorgeous facility. Hopefully, Cascades will follow up to remedy their lack of overseeing details to make it the premiere facility they advertise.

At Cascades Verdae, we take concerns regarding our members, employees and community very seriously. Our number one goal every day is to provide excellent care in a stimulating and caring environment. Both our Healthcare Administrator and Executive Director have been made aware of your concerns and will take the necessary actions to respond accordingly. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns with a member of our community.

August 13, 2014

By Sharon90333150

My parents will be moving to the Cascades Verdae at the end of the month. We were able to tour the whole facility and it's very clean and nice. The food was good. Everything was really topnotch. They do have activities that I know my parents will be very happy with.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82033850

We give Cascades Verde a 5, but we like the idea of having a long term health insurance and they donÕt have that. The facility is very, very nice. The rooms are beautiful.

February 02, 2013

By unhappy25

The residents are well cared for but still have a few complaints as to why they can't get the service they pay for. Some say they pay a pretty penny to live here and feel like its in vain. The food is iffy, laundry services are ok but could be better. Lack of maintence and upkeep. This place is said to be a family friendly environment but everyone seems to be overworked and very stressed. My grandmother enjoys living there but complains about staff being floated around and her getting someone who doesn't know her from Adam.IF everyone were treated kindly around here and management was more organized then members and staff would enjoy living or working here.

Thank you for your comments. At Cascades Verdae we take concerns like yours very seriously. Our goal is to ensure that our members, their families and our employees are always treated with respect and courtesy. We appreciate you wanting to remain anonymous, however, we do encourage you to reach out to our Executive Director to discuss your concerns further. Your feedback is important to us at Cascades.

November 07, 2012

By williamsonkill

I had read the reviews of C.V. before i arrived and was expecting opulence. The grounds are gorgeous and there are so many things to do from the sauna and exercise room to pools and crafts. I was very excited. The price was extraordinarily high but for the atmosphere i figured it would be worth it. As the tour continued i noticed that the patients wouldn't look at me and the nurses were talking more to each other than the patients. I peeked into a patients room and the furnitutre looked newer but the bathroom was dirty. the floor had 'stuff' on it and the trash was full with bloody tissues. overall not the experience i want my Grandfather to have.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while touring Cascades Verdae. Our goal is provide a clean and safe living environment for our members, their guest and our employees. The Executive Director for Cascades, would be more than willing to discuss your concerns, however, we understand you wanting to stay anonymous. Again, we appreciate you letting us know your concerns.

September 24, 2012

By EileenC1

We had a very good experience. They were very welcoming, they've greeted us nicely, and they took us around. Cascades Verdae is top of the line. It's a new one, so it look nice, pristine and it was laid out beautifully. It was expensive.

September 12, 2012

By rehab 75

I spent two weeks in Linville Cts rehabing from knee replacement. This is a high quality operation. Food is good, staff is efficient, facilities are excellent.

July 24, 2012

My aunt's room in Cascades Verdae is nice and comfortable. Very homey. The walk-in closet is very spacious and it's connected to the bathroom which is convenient. The bathroom is cleaned thoroughly and maintained well. Very clean, and it also has those safety feature grip handle bars that you could use if you're in a wheelchair. The furniture are quite new and very comfortable, and she also has cable television in the living room. The food there is very tasty, you know it's well prepared and you have a lot to choose from in the daily menu. My aunt is really happy living in Cascades, and they have well trained staff and wonderful residents.Oh, and they always have those fun social activities for the residents too. That's what my aunt is looking forward to as well as the everyday health management programs.

July 10, 2012

By lph1987

Upon entering The Cascades, this first thing I noticed was the pungent smell. It was like a wave hitting me straight in the face and giving me no room to breathe. While I walked the building I came up the realization that it was not cleaned on a daily basis. I noticed several overflowing trash cans, the bathrooms did not have toilet paper or even soap to wash hands with. The staff is very aloof. They seem as if they are there only for a paycheck but do not care about the residents. I saw the staff often just conversing with each other but never with the patients. It is one of the more expensive places in Greenville to go but the quality of care there does not match the money you pay for it. The residents looked very unkempt. It doesn't look as though the staff spend any time making the patients seem respectable or presentable.

Thank you for your feedback. We take concerns of this nature very seriously at Cascades Verdae. Our goal is to always provide a clean and safe environment for our members, their guests and our employees. In addition, our employees are held to the highest standards and should always handle themselves in a professional manner. Our Executive Director has been notified with your concerns. We understand you wanting to stay anonymous, however, if you would like to speak with someone at our community directly, the Executive Director would be more than willing to discuss your concerns over the phone or in person.

Independent Living Reviews for Cascades Verdae

By loussar

My wife and I moved to Cascades Verdae in May 2013, and have loved living here since then. We had checked out several other similar facilities, but had no trouble on deciding on it. Every other place had similar programs and activities, but the thing that really sold us was the cleanliness of the property, and the beautifully decorated homes, apartments and dining areas. The apartment hallways were wide, well lit, and clean. Secondly we liked the food plan where we were able to carry forward indefinitely any unused portion of our food allowance. The trail around the perimeter, which we make use of daily, makes us feel that we are never too far away from nature. Its proximity to I-85 was a slight concern in the beginning, but we are not at all bothered by the noise from it. In fact, after having lived in the country for several years, it was great to have shops so conveniently located. On a nice day we can actually walk to Target and Home Depot less than a mile away. The only negative is that, due to its popularity, management is expanding the residential facilities rather rapidly, without paying enough attention to enlarging the common facilities such as parking space and the size of the ballroom, which is also used as the auditorium.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy that you have enjoyed living at Cascades with your wife and partaken in many of our events and amenities. If you have not already, we encourage you to voice your concerns about community enlargement with our Executive Director.

By 18 Holes of Golf

I have a sister that lives in Greenville and my mother was in a CCRC in Marietta, Ga. We moved her to the rehab here. When she got out of rehab, we moved her to assisted living. I have been her caregiver and decided it was best I follow a month later. I moved here in May 2011. The deciding factor was that my sister had researched the Cascades for her husband's father and had done all the research and knew all the people. Ultimately it was being close to my mother and sister that brought me to Cascades. I enjoy the Wellness Program which includes land and water activities. I am into land activities which include Aerobics, Zumba, Chair Core, Strong Legs and CLIMB. The Wellness Director has a program for every part of the body. Normally I get up at 7 am and have a continental breakfast in the Bistro. I then do my wellness activities in the morning. After lunch I may play bridge or rumikub. We may have an excursion to a activity away from the Cascades. Transportation is key it allows us freedom to explore Greenville. We also able to be part of the Greenville Community such as Little Theater, The Peace Center, and other local cultural events. Once a month we enjoy trying new local restaurants. I love the place. In fact, I termed the Cascades as a resort in alumni directory. When making the decision on where to retire, explore your options. But most importantly, don't wait until health considerations become the deciding factor. Move when you can still enjoy the amenities and be active. The main thing here is interacting with people. And the people here by and large are very, very friendly.

By Tuesdays Child

Location was the biggest attraction with family in town. We looked at another retirement community. It was too far out of town, did not have on-site wellness, and did not have a pool. They did have continued learning through Furman University. We drive ourselves and participate in Furman's OLLI program now once a week. Cascades was more affordable. Comparable places in California where we also have family were almost double the price. We like the quality of interaction with the Lifestyle Advisors. They were very patient and helped accommodate our considerations. They waited for us to sell our house. We did not feel a lot of pressure. We had a number of modifications that we wanted done with the apartment and they helped facilitate such as shelving in the closet. They have found a way to do anything we ask for. They are very responsive. They allowed our daughter-in-law to decorate the apartment. We moved across country without furniture and walked into a turn-key villa. We liked location in Greenville. It is not in the middle of downtown which would have made getting around difficult but it is within 10 minutes of downtown. Minor medical care is right across the street. Any shopping you could want is nearby. We do it all. Monday I play party bridge. Tuesday we go to Furman all day. Wednesday we play Gin Rummy, Thursday we discuss current events and attend technology classes. I do wellness. You have easy access to the Peace Center- they drive us. We belong to the foreign film club and book club. The quality of the people who are here is very attractive. We made a lot of friends really quickly. We don't travel as much- there isn't as much incentive. We were gone for 3 weeks and couldn't wait to get back. It would be hard to think of some very negative stuff. What is not to like? One of the most important thing about the communities is the dining. Making a move into a facility that offers independent living and other care services is an easy thing to do. The US is full of them. Finding the place is not the problem. Making the decision of when to go is the problem. Everybody agrees they did it too late. We probably should have done this 5 years ago. Nobody can make that decision for you. A lot of people come when they can no longer take care of the house.

By J Boothby

I liked the Cascades because it was beautiful and close to all the amenities. It was also close to our family. I had heard so many good things about it. We started looking at different homes. We fell in love with Cascades. We didn't move in right away. We took a long time to decide to move in. We kept coming back because we were invited to special things out here including dinners and special occasions. After 6 years, we finally decided to move in here. The ultimate deciding factor was that we decided it was time to figure out how we wanted to spend our later years. The Cascades was close to our children, friends and our community. My favorite amenity is the wellness. Since I have just had major surgery, I have been involved with the rehabilitation, which I found to be great. I haven't gotten to get involved with a lot of the wellness and machines, but I am looking forward to getting involved full time. We like that there is always something to do- whether it is a movie, concert, trip, etc. When you travel, you know that your home will be safely waiting for you. My life has changed because we are here and happy and everything is really done for us. It is almost like being on vacation all the time.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you enjoy your lifestyle here at Cascades with wellness, events and activities. Thank you for sharing a little of your experience with rehabilitation. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with on-site rehab and help you get back to your independent life.

By Charlie 104

We spent six years thinking about going into a retirement community. We had lived for 31 years at our previous home. We came for 6 years of Lunch and Learns and then decided 14 months ago to make the move to Cascades. About 6 or 7 years prior to moving we decided we liked Cascades better than a local competitor. We came to these Lunch and Learns for 6 years and then decided it was time. We decided this was the best in town as far as a retirement community and came on in. I like the wellness area. I like the great instructions that analyze your total health and give you a program that works for you. You can workout as much or as little as you like. We enjoy the ballroom and all that goes on there. There are many events and concerts. We thought the cost was fair with all that goes on here. In fact with everything here, we get more value than expected. We have made a lot of friends. We have been here 14 months and are slowly getting into more activities. The people who work here are good people and talented. The dining has good chefs.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love hearing your candid feedback. We are excited that you are enjoying many of our events and wellness programming. Let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

By Greenville Cinderella

My husband and I came to The Cascades partly due to his health issues which forced us to leave our 2-story colonial house in the New York suburbs. We have a son and family who live in this area and we came to look at a community which would be accessible to my husband in a wheelchair and offer activities and a nice lifestyle. We found the Cascades to be more than perfect in fitting those criteria. We have enjoyed meeting the various people- interesting, friendly, outstanding new friends. There are many activities, I like to think something for all interests. One can be busy all day everyday if one chooses to do so. I participate in the wellness program, the chorus, a couple of resident committees, and the many social events. I enjoy the concerts which are brought in here on a regular basis, movies in our own theater, and adventures outside organized by the Cascades staff such as hikes and visits to museums. The support from the new friends here is outstanding.

By Ernestine Elizabeth

Time was running out for us. Friends said come see ,come see and we did. It is a beautiful place and wonderful town of Greenville. We love the fact that our son is so close by. They are friendly, friendly people. The staff is always so accommodating. For my husband, Cascades was a new life. He became involved and I don’t think he is ever going to quit. We both love the setting, the wellness program, the trail,and the activities such as the chorus, bridge, and the various musical programs brought in for entertainment. We also feel the need to reach out to others who are less fortunate than we are. So thank you Cascades.

By CVWonderWoman

My granddaughter introduced me to this community 3 years ago when I was visiting from Va. The activities, the people, the ambiance and everything, just seemed to click. My daughter’s family lived here at the time. Unfortunately they have moved to France. This forced me to get involved immediately as this would be my lifestyle. As a result, I have thoroughly enjoyed my almost 6 months here. My fellow residents are extremely friendly and helpful. The activities are varied and most anything you like to do is available. There are many social events which help us to get involved with other people and make friends. The activities are cultural and educational as well as the physical activities to keep you going.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Cascades Verdae

February 15, 2016

By Gene26

We like Cascades Verdae very much. It was very well done. The staff who showed us around were very pleasant.

July 31, 2014

By Joan90670650

Cascades was a very outstanding community. It was very, very nice. Their setup was a little different than the other facility but it was excellent. They were a little more reserved, a little more laidback than the other facility, but it was very elegant and the food was very good. Everything was up to the same standards as the other facility, but it just was not as active and not as upbeat. Their rooms were very spacious. They were very elegantly appointed. Everything was very clean and very nice. With regards to activities, they do a lot of the same things. What I like best about it was that it's elegant.

December 24, 2013

By Max6

My Mother is currently at the Cascades facility in rehab recoverning from pnumonia. I have nothing put positive remarks and praise for all the physical therapist, nurses, etc. They strive to go above and beyond their job requirements to make sure my Mother is comfortable and to get the assistance see needs. I would certainly recommend this facility to anyone whom is concerned about their loved ones well being.

November 07, 2012

By acpalmtree

My mother was a resident at Cascades Verdae for over 2 years. Her journey took her from independent living, to assisted living and finally to skilled nursing where she passed away in August. I was able to spend the last 6 months with my mother on a daily basis and it distresses me to read the previous review. I found the facility to always be clean, the staff attentive and a truly caring atmosphere. I was mothers companion 10 hours a day and never encountered "nasty" smells. Any trash was emptied on a regular basis in our room and any waste was removed immediately after my mothers needs where cared for. My family and I owe the Cascade community which includes staff as well as other residents our gratitude for making my mothers last years very happy and comfortable.

July 10, 2012

By lph1987

See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Costs for Cascades Verdae

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Cascades Verdae

Services and Amenities of Cascades Verdae

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $3280/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: CRC-1490

About Cascades Verdae

cascades-verdae.com

Greenville's Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at Cascades Verdae of Greenville, South Carolina. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives.

As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, Cascades Verdae takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals.

Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average.

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Cascades Verdae