Providence Place of Pottsville

Reviews of Providence Place of Pottsville

Assisted Living Reviews for Providence Place of Pottsville

November 07, 2012

By Monk2

My experience in this assisted living provider was a very enjoyable one. My fellow teammates and I were greeted into the facility with a grand tour of the building.I saw pretty much everything in their facility. I saw the many common areas for the residents, I saw the dinning areas, I saw the food preparation area, I saw the kitchen, I saw the many rooms, I was even able to tour a residents room, I saw the very beautiful outside area of the facility. I then, With my fellow football teammates, interacted with the many residence with a breakfast. I was able to have a conversation with many of the residents. During these conversations I was told by the residents how they enjoy living there very much and how well they were treated, most of them even said they felt like they were home. My overall thoughts of this facility were how nice and welcoming the employees were and how well the residents and employees interacted with each other.

August 27, 2012

By Billy2

Most people at the facility seem very nice. I've never had a problem with anyone there and it seems like my grandmother is happy there. She is suffering from moderate Alzheimer's and that is the reason she cannot live at home anymore. The staff there seems capable to take care of someone with Alzheimer's and make her feel that she is still a independent person. One thing about the facility that I feel is a little strange is that someone can walk in at any time and walk right through the facility. I suppose this might be for the residents to feel more free but it seems to me that anyone, no matter good or bad intentions could come in and not get asked why they are there. The same goes for taking my grandmother out for the day. Whenever we take her out, there are no sign-out sheets or anything to let the staff know she is gone. The resident could get into the wrong vehicle or wonder off and I worry that no one would notice. Other than these two concerns the facility is very nice. It is always very clean, the food is good, and the people there take the time to get to know the residents and become friends with them. Overall, I am very happy and relieved that my grandmother lives there instead of her house and that she approves of it.

October 20, 2011

By Omar3M

Dealing with my Grandmother's Dementia was hard enough to deal with at home. My family thought enough was enough and she needs to be taken care of more professionally and perhaps be around people her age. My beliefs are that a nursing home should not be the first resort to place a family member in when they are dealing with a difficult issue. Thus, at first I was skeptical about placing my grandmother in Providence Place which is located approximately five minutes away from my house. After a few visits I was really impressed with all the help she was receiving from the employees/nurses. It meant a lot to me that they took their job serious and not treating it like another 5-9 gig. My Grandmother has passed away now but I must say my family and I don't regret our decision as far as placing her in a nursing home.

Memory Care Reviews for Providence Place of Pottsville

About Providence Place of Pottsville

Nestled in the mountains of Schuylkill County in the heart of the historic Anthracite coal region is Providence Place Senior Living of Pottsville. You can reach this active residential community easily via Interstate 81 or state highways 61 and 209.

We’re conveniently located in the heart of Pottsville — close to the downtown area, but in a private, quiet setting. We love being part of the community. Whether it is Little League games at Railway Park, a Pottsville Cruise or a visit to the Yuengling Brewery, there is plenty to do off campus or on.

At Providence Place you experience the best of all worlds –you are part of a friendly, vibrant community with so many things to do and people to meet. And when you choose to do so, you can relax in a quiet, private space of your own.

Our dining services offer a full menu of healthy homemade food, including Pennsylvania Dutch favorites, like chicken pot pie and lettuce with hot bacon dressing. Our apartments vary in size from studio to suites, and we offer many different levels of personal care and memory support. It isn’t “one size fits all” at Providence Place, and you only pay for the services that you need.

Map of Providence Place of Pottsville