Holiday Prairie Rose

Reviews of Holiday Prairie Rose

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday Prairie Rose

January 23, 2021

By Chester

Prairie Rose was first class. The only negative to it, and that's because of my mother's health, is the apartment they showed her. It will be too hard for her to get food and stuff because it's in the end of one of the hallways. They're almost $1000 a month less on the 2-bedrooms than the others I've looked at, so that's the main thing in their favor. I would call it an assisted living more because they provide you meals and housekeeping and trip to the doctors. I don't know if they have a nursing staff on hand, they didn't say anything about that, but I'm also just learning all about these things as we go. They had multi-story apartments. I saw a couple of people walking around, using a walker and some people sitting in the library area, reading a book. Breakfast is sent into the rooms automatically every morning, unless you don't want it. You can call up and order your meals off the menu and either you come down and pick it up or they'll send it to your room. They don't serve breakfast in the cafeteria, they only do it in the rooms. One thing I don't like about it is breakfast is whatever they feel like fixing. It could be scrambled eggs, quiche, and pancakes, waffles or French toast. I'm one of those people that's not a big breakfast fan. The staff I dealt with was very outgoing and friendly. As for price, they were talking about $2600 for a month for a 2-bedroom for two people, everybody else is $3000 to $4000, so that's a point in their favor by itself.

September 22, 2020

By Debbie Bash

Staff was very friendly nice and clean Dad loves his new home

September 22, 2020

By jennifer2020

My grandma chose Prairie Rose and I couldn’t be happier about her choice to live here. The property is clean and beautiful. Melissa the community advisor was AMAZING and made us feel so welcome as well! Very happy with our choice.

June 10, 2020

By SH

They're incredibly great at Prairie Rose. I really enjoy them. They're very nice. My father has a really nice one-bedroom apartment with a bathroom and a little kitchenette with no stove. He receives all his meals. They have a library, an internet area, a lot of amenities, and a beautiful dining room. The staff is really wonderful. The home health people are incredibly friendly, engaging, and he receives physical therapy. The facility staff is incredibly kind and nice to me and to him. It's a really nice place. He said he's happy with the food. Their response to the virus was really good. I feel like he is being properly taken care of given the situation. They were the cheapest option that we could find for the level of care that he needed.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We are delighted that your father is a resident at our community and is enjoying himself! We appreciate you sharing his experience. Our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is important to us. Thank you

December 13, 2019

By E.F.

My sister liked the Prairie Rose, except she doesn't like it that they have no security at night. They were very well taken care of, there were a lot of staff in the dining room, and the food is really good. She likes that they are very active, they play games, and they are very nice. She likes her room, she likes having a walk-in shower, it's very clean, and she's very comfortable there. It bothers her that there is no security at night. The facility is very old, it only has 2 small elevators, but the activities are good.

May 16, 2019

By Fred

I like Prairie Rose. The room I saw was on the first floor, which was nice. I would have preferred that because I had a little dog and I can bring my dog with me. Everybody was nice. They showed me the dining room. The person who showed me around was very nice.

March 28, 2018

By whatisausername

Prairie Rose was large and clean. The staff was amazing, super nice as well as helpful during our visit. I seen the activities list which including Bingo and quite a few other choices. We seen a kitchen, gym, and library! Overall we are very pleased with this facility and the staff!

May 11, 2017

By Tom887337

Prairie Rose and its rooms were very nice. They had a small kitchen area and living area. The staff was excellent. They had bingo night and cards on the list of activities. The dining area was good, large, and very clean with plenty of room for everybody there. The food was good.

March 28, 2017

By Patience146677

People who lived at Prairie Rose didn't seem too friendly. It had a decent amount of activities but I don't think there were many people who participated in them. The rooms were nice. The dining area was nice and clean. The staff member who gave us the tour was nice and friendly.

March 06, 2017

By Darla762711

My mom is going to be moving into Prairie Rose this week. We were very impressed. It’s clean and quiet. They serve three meals a day and have lots of different activities going on all the time. I know that they have a gym, library, and games. The staff was very nice.

January 20, 2017

By Emma370527

I was very pleased and impressed by Prairie Rose. I thought the community was very nice and clean. The people were very friendly, and the apartments were nice, so I enjoyed the visit. The apartments had more of a dorm-style kitchen with just a toaster, oven, and a microwave. We had a meal there, and the food was very nice. It was a beautiful setting and was close to the river. I thought the grounds were nice.

January 05, 2017

By Sandy232716

My loved one is living in Prarie Rose, and she likes it just fine. They have activities, I just didn't know if she participates in them. The food was fine. We like the staff since they're pretty friendly.

January 03, 2017

By Pat307773

My visit at Prairie Rose was good. They didn’t have a two-bedroom available, but she did show us some that were nice. They were helpful, answered any questions, and gave us some materials to read at home because we asked for it that way.

November 25, 2016

By Richard676560

I like that Prairie Rose provides three meals a day, and the food is very nice. The staff is very attentive and seem to know everybody by first name. My room is small, but I am comfortable in it. We have a lot of activities here.

September 13, 2016

By Donna224268

We just weren’t all that impressed with Prairie Rose. It didn’t have cottages or covered parking. It was nice, had a pretty nice view and all, but it just wasn’t what we were looking for. We weren’t impressed with the food. We’ve been there twice and ate there once, and we weren’t that impressed with it.

May 22, 2016

By TerryTJZXY

Prairie Rose was fine but needed some upkeep. The staff seemed to pull double-duty, so I guess I was a little concerned about the staff. The dining room was open in a living area, so that was kind of different. The apartment seemed fine and very basic since there wasn’t a full kitchen. Nothing jumped out to me as being outstanding or bad. They need to clean the carpets. That was one of the first things I noticed. The carpets were dirty and had spots all over them right where you walk in. It’s very reasonable price-wise, so I would recommend someone to go look at it.

March 31, 2016

By James123087650

Prairie Rose was excellent. The staff was very attentive and helpful. The rooms were very nice. The dining area was nice, but I didn’t eat there. They followed up really well.

February 22, 2016

By Ed46

Prairie Rose is a very nice, open, and airy facility with a great view of the Arkansas River. The facility is easy to access from the main road. Dad likes living there. They have entertainment quite often, bingo, card games, and a lot of other activities.

February 21, 2016

By Lance7

We placed my dad at Prairie Rose about a month ago. I like it a lot. The food is good. The people are nice. The room is nice and has met all of his needs. It is not as expensive as the assisted living facility, so that also made it attractive. There is a place to do your hair, and they have workout activities, but my dad is not interested in that. They do have activities available that my dad could participate in if he is interested.

December 25, 2015

By Linda117522950

The rooms at The Prairie Rose were bigger than the other places I visited; you wouldn’t get claustrophobic. The facility was very good. The staff were very nice. This facility is very nice, and this is the best I have seen.

October 30, 2015

The staff at Prairie Rose is very caring and of great help. Everything is good, and the dining room is big. We have a recreation room and a lot of activities, which are organized well and even include outside people coming in for entertainment. The people are very caring, which really impressed me.

September 17, 2015

By Jan112988650

The staff is excellent at Prairie Rose. They are probably the best I have ever seen. It is so clean. There is no smell. It is a happy place. There is a lot of light, and it is very open. I like the fact that their managers live on site. They are always accessible.

August 08, 2015

By Bob111456050

They were very accommodating and very professional at Prairie Rose. Overall, I would probably rate it a six out of five. Everyone was very caring. The rooms were clean and organized. The people were very nice. It was lunchtime during my visit, and everybody was eating some really nice-looking food.

July 31, 2015

By John111227350

We looked at Prairie Rose, and it was really nice, but it was not in a good neighborhood. It was closer to some other housing. That would be the only negative I would say about it. There was a park across the street from it which was kind of nice.

July 06, 2015

We stayed at Prairie Rose some time ago for about three months. We know almost all the people there, and they are very friendly and very helpful. They have one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio apartments. They do not have cottages. The food is excellent. They have just about everything you would need. They have bingo and dominoes. Security seems to be good. They have fulltime managers.

April 29, 2015

I've seen the dining area, which was wonderful for groups of people to gather together. The windows looked out into the green and the water. Prairie Rose had just a very nice atmosphere. They're very friendly. It's very beautiful, but quite expensive.

March 31, 2015

By Elvena

I visited one in Tulsa, but I wasn't really impressed with it. Prairie Rose is really nice, but it is too high. Everything is great just like the other facility. It is just that they charge more. The rooms are really nice. They are large and very clean. They have all kinds of activities like bingo and dancing. It is everything, and it varies day to day so you don't get tired of it. It has a nice and large dining area with the sun shining in. The security is really good. It is like the other one, but the price is too high. They maybe need to change the price by going down a little bit.

November 07, 2014

By Marion16

My sister has been at Prairie Rose for about four months now. It is a very nice place and the facilities are all really nice, but she is not too happy with the food. It is not that there is anything wrong with it, but she has worked in food service all of her life so she is pretty picky, I guess. All the people that live there are fairly happy with it, she is just not. Her room is like a little apartment with a bedroom, a not really nice bathroom, a living room, and something like a kitchenette. The staff members are accommodating and helpful, they check on her, and they actually go in to do some housekeeping for her. It is a really nice place. They have an exercise room, they take them to Walmart when they want to go, and they do have group things for the residents to do.

September 12, 2014

My sister is in Prairie Rose, and she's doing just fine. It is a really nice place. The location is great. It is right next to a river. She has an apartment there with a bedroom, a living room, and a kitchenette. She has a door that goes out onto a patio. They have a big dining room. They provide the meals, but she doesn't like the food much. The sanitation is great. They come in and clean, I don't know, once or twice a week, and they do the laundry.

August 29, 2014

By James91704050

I visit Prairie Rose all the time. My mother-in-law lives there. It's a great community, but I can't afford it. My mother-in-law has a one-bedroom apartment. I guess the staff is very good; I haven't really met any of them, but she loves the place. The amenities and the food are great. The dining area is very nice. The chef always comes out and asks questions -- mostly he asks if the food is good. They need to improve on their speed because they don't get to the residents quickly enough if they need something.

Hi, we are happy you and your mother-in-law are happy with your experiences at Prairie Rose. We aim to be a modest price while still providing delicious meals, light housekeeping, and a variety of engaging activities. Please feel free to stop by if anything changes!

August 15, 2014

By Donna567

Horrible Food. Cockroach Infestation. If you care about your loved one, look elsewhere.

Hello, we are disappointed to read you did not enjoy our food or facilities. We take pest issues seriously and hope you let our local team know!

October 23, 2013

By Mari3

I have no complaints about Prairie Rose other than it's not a good fit. It's way across town from me and I wouldn't be able to get to my dad as often. It's more like a home inside; it has a full kitchen, a living room, bathroom and bedroom. It makes it a more pleasant place to stay.

October 09, 2013

By Cyndi6

Prairie Rose is mom's first choice. She loves the staff. They assist her with anything she needs. She loves the people there. She fits in really well in the community. They have activities for her. In fact, it is field-trip day today and they're going out for lunch. She loves her room. She had it decorated just the way she wanted it. She took the things that meant to her the most and they made sure they have rooms for them. She's really happy there. They have a garden and a patio and she loves both of those. She just feels at home in this community.

September 09, 2013

By Aileen40

Prairie Rose was a really nice but I did not like the location which was just my own preference. The staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. They answered all our questions.

January 15, 2013

By Mrs. Thompson

I have lived at Prairie Rose for nearly 2 years. Love this place and love the dedicated staff. The service is wonderful and the food is excellent. I shopped several retirement facilities in Tulsa and found that Prairie Rose has everything I need. The prices are very affordable. And I appreciate that everyone that works here is so caring.

January 10, 2013

By J-Jones

Prairie Rose has the most wonderful team working there. They get things done when asked, the same day, food service is great. they accomodate things requested and the management team is fantastic. the managers have an open door policy 24/7 if you need them. I recomend you go in and meet the staff at Prairie Rose, you will love what you see.

August 19, 2012

By Lovemymomintulsa

Do not put your loved ones at Prairie Rose. My mother was there for two years. There is lots promised and very little delivered. They change staff, including "management" and their chefs, often, whick leads to little consistency. But most compelling is that you will likely get attitude from the management staff. They are real quick to tell you when they are not on duty, or don't feel like getting up to go do something. I asked them to check on my mother, because her phone wasnt working. The manager refused and told me I coudl do it myself, by the time I could get there, my mother had died. When I confronted that manager, I was told it was a "training issue!" THAT is the kind of customer service you can expect! It's a training issue simply to go knock on a door? I could go on, because there has been more, but that should give you the general attitude that currently exists there.

Hello, we regret o read about your poor experience with us. We have since revamped a=our training and on boarded team members dedicated to serving our residents.

February 16, 2012

By Scott12345

My mother lives at Prairie Rose and has for the last two years. Although the decision to move her to a retirement community was not an easy one, none of us could be happier with Prairie Rose. The staff was wonderful at getting her settled in to her new living space and even helped us move her belongings in with her. From day one, they were on call for her every need, providing her with so much more than my wife and I were able to with our jobs and own children to deal with. She loves the freshly cooked meals and has met so many wonderful people who share her interests. She has talked about the many activities she has been able to participate in including bingo, bridge, and most importantly, Bible study. One of the most important aspects for her when we were looking for a community was that she would be able to regularly attend mass and be a part of a community that embraces religion. With regular Bible study, church services, and a shuttle system that allows her to attend a local church on days where the community doesn't provide services, her religious needs have been tremendously accommodated. Overall, I highly recommend Prairie Rose to anyone in the Oklahoma area because of all the services available to the residents and the care and effort the staff puts in to making life easier for our loved ones.

Questions about Holiday Prairie Rose

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday Prairie Rose. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday Prairie Rose offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday Prairie Rose exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday Prairie Rose offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday Prairie Rose accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday Prairie Rose work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday Prairie Rose

Photos of Holiday Prairie Rose

Services and Amenities of Holiday Prairie Rose

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday Prairie Rose

Prairie Rose is located in Tulsa, OK, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Prairie Rose for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Holiday by Atria does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Map of Holiday Prairie Rose