Copeland Oaks

Independent Living Reviews for Copeland Oaks

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Copeland Oaks

May 21, 2016

By D.M.YQPNK

Copeland Oaks would be good for a lot of people but not for my parents. The villas had basements, and we’re trying to get away from stairs. It was quirky and weird, like a little 1950s town that never changed. The staff seemed very nice and helpful. There were apartments as well. It was too remote near nothing and an hour away from me, so it wasn’t for my parents who aren’t familiar with the area, but it seemed OK. They do let you pick your own wall covering and don't have paint, which I thought was weird because wallpaper isn’t “in” anymore. It’s just not for us.

January 29, 2016

By Linda119525550

As soon as our house sells, we’ll be moving into Copeland Oaks. We’ll be going into a villa. It’s a one-thousand square-foot home. It has a finished basement, and a sun room. It’s absolutely gorgeous. It has a bathroom downstairs, and upstairs; just absolutely awesome, and I can hardly wait. Some of the things that they have in their facility are a swimming pool that they keep at 88 degrees, cards, activities, games, and wonderful people who live there. We’ve been there to take some things into the garage, and people just walking down the street have just made us want to move right now. They have bus tours, card making, and quilting; all things that Bob, and I both do. It’s just going to be a really good time for the rest of our life. I have nothing, but praise for the whole system. They’ve all been wonderful. We have gone up there, and maintenance just had to open the door for us. They are there within minutes to get the door open, so that we can go in, and put some other things in the garage. I can even imagine what it’s going to be like to live there, know that we’re going to need something, and within minutes we’re going to have it. I’m very excited.

August 20, 2015

By Anonymous112002150

I liked Copeland Oaks a lot. I think the best part about it was the tiered levels. We felt that there was so much activity going on. It was very nice and very clean and, obviously when we visited, they were updating, and there was stuff going on -- construction type thing, redecorating, and that kind of thing. Everybody was very friendly. The people who lived there were all very kind, and the staff was very kind as well.

October 31, 2014

By Collete1

Copeland Oaks was a very beautiful place. However, it was a little bit out of our range. I didn't look at the homes or the rooms where my mom would have stayed. I actually looked at the nursing rooms, and they were actually nice. It was hard to find really nice nursing homes. So, I figure if the nursing home rooms were nice, and my mom was going into an assisted living facility so I thought it would be a lot nicer. The whole facility itself was really huge, and it was nice. Everybody that I talked to said it was fantastic. I was sure they had activities, and I thought I saw one of their buses when I was at a farmers' market a couple of weeks ago. It would have been nice if my mom had been there. I was only able to talk to a couple of people there when I was wandering around looking at things, and the people I talked to were very helpful, informative, friendly, and very nice. The community was very beautiful. It was huge and was like spread out over a lot of space. They had homes were people could start living and if they deteriorate, health wise, there were other places they could stay, or they could pretty much stay in that same area.

July 24, 2014

By Maggie52

My mother has resided here for 6 years. She has been happy up until the past 6 months. The food which is a big part of her day has become unfit for human consumption. The residents have complained but it falls on deaf ears. You have to pay for it and now most if the people who can are fixing their own. I think this is a disgusting way to treat the elderly!!

May 29, 2014

By Paul38

Me and my wife visited Copeland Oaks in Sebring, and she is thinking that eventually she will have to go to an assisted living facility. She likes their assisted living quarters. It’s a nice looking place, and grounds are well kept. They have good food there. I know a couple living in the community, and the people were very friendly. We walked around and talked to them. They have various room sizes with one or two bedrooms. We had sandwiches there, and they were good. We talked to one employee there, and she was friendly and very helpful. I also get a card once in a while from them asking me to visit them again.

November 13, 2012

By Sam 1

I'm very impressed with Copeland Oaks. It's less cookie-cutter and has a very relaxed atmosphere. It had multiple dining areas like a little bistro and also different areas where you could entertain. They also have an indoor pool. They have verandas overlooking beautiful lakes. They had two auditoriums where they bring in different speakers, and plays can go on there. It's very much like its own little community.

October 24, 2012

By jldanesi

It's a great place for my grandparents to live. Some of the benefits: having some clean their apartment every week, someone that comes in to repair anything needed. The also offer a post office, medical center, bank and thift store. Since my grandparents were not going to be driving anymore they even have mini grocery store and gift store many residents use when the shuttle isnt running to the local walmart. During the warm months they have beautiful landscaping, a walking path around a lake and nice comfortable benches and swings to sit on. Copeland Oaks gave them the ability to make new friends again and have lunch and dinner buddies..my grandmother favorite part she doesnt have to cook anymore if she choose not to.A few months ago my grandfather passed away. They had a great medical wing when he needed it the most and they had a great support system for my grandmother when she needed it.

September 27, 2011

By ElroyBeulah

There is such a multitude of activities available to keep one feeling active and independent.

September 08, 2011

By ShirleySebring

My advice to anyone who says they are not ready to move to Copeland Oaks yet is "don't wait". My children agree that this was one of the best decisions I've made in recent years. Now, as their friends are getting emergency calls for parents who are ill or have fallen, they realize just how lucky they are. I am content knowing I am saving them the worry and trouble I had with my aging parents. We live in a lovely rural atmosphere and yet we have access to all the amenities the city offers, since we have several larger cities in driving distance.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Licenses: Residential Care Licensure

• About Copeland Oaks

Follow me,and discover Copeland Oaks. Centrally-located in between the Akron-Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown-Warren, and Pittsburgh metro areas, Copeland Oaks has the conveniences of city life, but the tranquility of the countryside. Originally the home of a flourishing 250 acre orchid near Sebring, Ohio, Copeland Oaks has been transformed into a non-profit Senior Living Community fostering the same attitude towards growth for its residents. Active adults aged 55 and over can choose from a variety of housing options including Independent Living Villas and Apartments, our unique Catered Living Apartments, as well as our newly remodeled Assisted Living Apartments. As health needs change, Copeland Oaks can adapt with you. At the core of Copeland Oaks' operating philosophy is a commitment to help maintain wellness and vitality in every aspect of its residents' lives.

On the campus of Copeland Oaks is Crandall Medical Center, which allows residents to receive easily accessible on-site care and therapy from an expert medical staff. In addition to the skilled nursing care of Crandall Medical Center, a Health Clinic is available 24 hours a day to assist you with services that give you peace of mind.

As one of the Midwest’s most sought-after senior living communities, Copeland Oaks is more than just a picturesque place to live. Along with over 65 resident-directed activities including nature trails, wellness classes, a current library, an aquatic and fitness center, greenhouse, bank, and a bass fishing lake, residents are also welcome to participate in the enriching experiences at nearby community partner, University of Mount Union. Made up of over 600 residents, and friendly staff members whose mission is to help you feel welcome in your new home, you’ll find that the Copeland Oaks' community is something that is easy to love and hard to find. Copeland Oaks, Ohio's Complete Senior Living Destination! To schedule your new home tour, give us a call at 1-800-222-4640 or visit us at www.copelandoaks.com.

Copeland Oaks Housing Types

Studios, 1 Bedroom Apartments, 2 Bedroom Apartments, 3 Bedroom Apartments, Cottages

Resident Capacity: 700