United Methodist Communities at The Shores Ocean City, NJ

Reviews of United Methodist Communities at The Shores

Assisted Living Reviews for United Methodist Communities at The Shores

February 23, 2018

By Kathleen

The Shores At Wesley Manor (United Methodist Communities at The Shores) was nice, but too expensive. The rooms and staff were nice. The place was clean and bright.

December 03, 2016

By Visitor661352

As your illness or need changes, there are different levels of care that can be obtained for a price at United Methodist. It’s clean and well-maintained, and it’s off the main street and accessible. The apartment was very nice for a 1 bedroom and decent size; you wouldn’t feel cramped. It seemed to be excessive at $6000 a month. The staff seemed friendly and knowledgeable though.

December 23, 2015

By Evelyn P.

My apartment is cleaned weekly. My meals are served in dining room 3 times a day. There’s always nurse on duty 24 hrs. Every facility is kept very clean. A van will take me to a pharmacy once a week and a different stores once a week.

August 14, 2015

By Bob Mack

I trust The Shores with my Mom. She loves it. I love it.

May 12, 2015

By JustStayAway

The Shores is like a knock-off Louis Vuitton. From far away it's gorgeous and seems like the "real deal". When close up, you quickly realize it's not the real deal and is actually a total fraud. If I could give this facility 0 stars, I would. It's the pits! Care of the residents/patients is on the bottom of the priorities of the staff. When you need to use the bathroom, expect to wait upwards of 30 minutes. There's a "culture change" going into effect soon. The CNAs (the ones who toilet and clean the feces from incontinent patients) are going to be cooking the meals. Disgusting! Staffing is very poor and the staff that is actually there are obviously overwhelmed. It's dirty too. I once used a wet wash cloth to wipe the floor. It turned black. There's no communication. The social worker is never available because she's never there. Here's a little tip - the facilities that are the least beautiful are the ones that provide the best care. You certainly don't receive that at The Shores!

May 06, 2015

By theworstfacility

I was a health care worker, ergo, I know the care a patient should receive. Today, I was totally appalled and humiliated by an LPN who supposedly was to care for a friend at this facility. When I arrived, my friend was in severe pain, had the chills, was vomiting and had told me she asked the nurse for assistance numerous times to no avail. I asked the LPN, per my friends direction, to assist her into bed, retrieve a blanket and give her something to vomit into besides the waste basket. It took quite a while for these requests to be completed. All the time my friend asked me not to leave her because she was in so much pain. I asked the LPN, if she could call the doctor. Her response, NO. He will be in sometime today. I asked when, she said she didn't know. I told her my friend was in pain. The LPN stated that she could not discuss any medication with me because I was not family. I told her I do not want to discuss medication, I only asked that the doctor be notified because of the extreme pain my friend was in.Upon my friend's request I called her daughter so my friend may speak to her. The daughter stated she would be right over. I told the LPN that the patient's daughter was on the way. All of a sudden, the LPN was then able to call the doctor and got approval for a medication for vomiting and nausea which might make her sleepy as well. I said that is wonderful. She also stated that she had called the patient's daughter. I said that is great. The next thing I know I was asked to leave the facility because they did not know who I was and that the daughter requested that I leave. My husband has spoken to the daughter since and she stated she said no such thing. I believe her, because, if she is like her mother, I know the honesty and integrity that her mother has always portrayed. I BELIEVE THAT I WAS ASKED TO LEAVE BEFORE THE DAUGHTER ARRIVED SO THAT I WOULD NOT TELL THE DAUGHTER THE LACK OF CARE BY THE LPN. I ALSO BELIEVE THE LPN THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HER POOR ATTITUDE, LACK OF RESPONSIVENESS, AND NON-CARING DEMEANOR. This is why i believe she called the daughter. All I ever did was look out for the well-being of my friend who repeatedly asked me to stay with her. I was asked to leave the facility to my dismay. I do not know what kind of tale this LPN made-up to protect herself, but it was sad that I had to leave a friend, who clutched my hands the whole time I was at her bedside, who asked me not to leave. She was never asked if she wanted me to stay and I did not tell her what was going-on because she did not need any additional worries. PATHETIC and SAD....... BEWARE, be an advocate for your loved one, do not allow words to be twisted. Please visit your loved one's often. Pop in unexpected to see the way your loved one is being treated.

February 13, 2015

By AmyKnight

The over all impression is good, clean & upbeat. Most of the staff is friendly & few truly care. Unlike some of the management, that seem to be more interested in appearance. Our family had the displeasure of experiencing an environment of passing the buck when my mother disappeared. Seems they were more interesting in place blame than solving the issue. I'm not going into detail as it still angers me & my mother has passed since. I talked to many that work in the building & it seems that they lied when the tried to explain or more interested making excuses for how she got out of the building, I lost faith & trust in the facility. Also they say it is non-profit but all they are interested in a dollar. They charge for everything & every service beyond the exorbitant rent each month.

November 07, 2013

By Caring69019150

We were very familiar with Shores at Wesley Manor because my mother has been in an apartment complex that is affiliated with them right in the same neighborhood. We were able to visit the facility numerous times. It's a triple A facility. They have lot of activities and a lot of services. It's an ideal place, but it's much more expensive.

September 19, 2013

By Thinker

If you want a nice assisted living apartment close to the ocean, this may be one of the few choices. The facility is attractive and well maintained but the amenities are minimal. The food is mediocre at best. The staff will come into the rooms at their convenience. We experienced theft from the apartment and a lack of responsiveness when needed. It is run as a business and it is all about the $. If you need to stay on their nursing care floor, you would be better served to move elsewhere.

March 22, 2012

By derickson1

The Shores has really expanded over the past five years! My grandmother loves it. It offers both assisted living as well as retirement living - in other words, residents can choose to live "on their own", so-to-speak, if they wish. Residents may own a pet (a cat or small dog), which really helps the spirits of others living there! Each residence includes a bathroom, a bedroom and a living room. There is also a kitchen area, although there is no stove or range, but there is plenty of room for a microwave. The dining service is very good, and the wait staff are among the friendliest of all staff on the campus! The Shores also features a library with several computers that have internet access. Finally, there are many trips for residents that would like to get off site, and there are plenty of weekly and monthly activities for entertainment purposes. On the whole, my grandmother has been very happy at the Shores!

November 17, 2011

By oceanviewer

The facility is very clean and the staff is very friendly and professional.

July 28, 2011

By Wiser Now

Don't take your loved ones here if you want quality care and individual attention, plus fast response and informed caregivers. Only some caregivers here were on the ball and knew ahead of time what was going on with our loved ones care or condition. It was always "I will check the chart" or "I don't know". When someone finally arrived, be it nurses aids - nurses or the ever elusive doctor. Their facility looks fancy but does not have the capabilty of providing necessary care for those terminally ill. Shouldn't even have admitted us for care in the first place and shot us out like a cannon when we decided to look elsewhere. Hope this review helps others avoid the pain we suffered.

Costs for United Methodist Communities at The Shores

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: 20A002

About United Methodist Communities at The Shores

The Shores’ assisted living is apartment style living with a less restrictive environment that enhances a person’s dignity, choice, independence, security and privacy. The overall experience is one where an individual has more options to rediscover their life and can confidently do the things they’ve always wanted to do. Resident directed living moves the control of resident’s care from the associates to the resident. Unlike the rigid structure of older institutional models of care, The Shores’ focus is always on the resident. Our associates get to know you and who you are, even your likes and dislikes. Together we make a truly custom life plan that puts you first. This approach fosters a nurturing environment where all residents feel cared for. Our customizable assisted living solution allows us to support the needs and requirements of every resident.

Ocean City, known as “America’s Greatest Family Resort,” offers a Music Pier, Aquatic Center, golf course, private airport, beach, boardwalk, marinas, fishing, and lovely downtown.

Map of United Methodist Communities at The Shores