Cascades of the Sierra

Reviews of Cascades of the Sierra

Assisted Living Reviews for Cascades of the Sierra

August 21, 2015

By Loretta10

We placed my mom in the Lodge, and it is the memory center of the Cascades. It is very pleasant, but my mom is having a very hard time adjusting, so we are working with her doctors and seeing that we are able to help her with maybe medication, so that she won't be so upset, and the nurses and the staff have been very supportive. Both my brother and I are very pleased with the facility at this point. They do games or activities almost daily, but this is a problem that we are having because she keeps refusing everything. They are trying to work with her to see if they can just get her to participate a little, but it is just a very tough situation. A couple of times I had left a message for them to call, and they haven't always called me back, but most of the time they call me back, and when I do get hold of the nurses because I am not able to get there every day, they are always very informative and try to help in whatever way they can. The director is always very involved, and I find that a plus. This is a retirement, assisted, and memory facility, so it has all three in one, and when you see the director on-site and on-hands with everything, to me it is an important thing that she is involved with them, and I think that is why the facility does well all the time. A couple of times they didn't return my call, but when I did get a call back, they apologized because they were very busy and, in a way, it is important that they are taking care of the patients rather than being on the phone, but the staff at the Cascades has been very good. They understand, and when I've been there, they try in every way that they can to help me with my mother's situation.

April 27, 2015

By Jason8

Cascades of the Sierra was a very beautiful place. The staff took us around and showed us the rooms. A couple of low-end rooms had a small kitchen, 1-bedroom, and a sizable living room. What we saw was completely furnished, so everything looked nice. The small one looked like a studio apartment for a college kid, and then the big-end had still a 1-bedroom, but the bedroom had a nice walk-in closet. The meal was a Sunday brunch, and it was phenomenal. My dad had the cod; he loved it, and I had pancakes. It seemed to me that there were no distinct isles in the dining room. The tables weren’t set up for people with walkers; there were no straight paths in and out into the food. They do a lot of trivia for the brain, but there is a workout gym. They also have drivers; I think that people get taken to certain places in the area.

August 07, 2014

By Susan Landrith

I've been in the memory care and walked through the building. They are actually across the highway from where I live. I ran into some people I know who live there. Very friendly. All the people that I've come in contact with as far as the staff have been cheery and helpful. The people who were around to visit their relatives were real talkative and very relaxed. I think the place is neat. All the staff ask, "Do you need any help?" or "Can I help you find something?" If you want to wander around, they don't seem stressed about it either. I get a nice feeling. There was a lot of activity -- a lot of people moving around. A couple of times I walked through some exercise classes for people who are not as mobile. They were in wheelchairs in one of the living room seating areas. There were seated exercises. There are a couple of little small shopping centers they could walk to probably half a mile away. They do have also transportation and a little bus. They have swimming exercises, too. It's like being in this really neat hotel. They have a restaurant bar or a breakfast bar. There were people who were having coffee and there was someone having scrambled eggs. I'd stop and talk to them. While I was talking to these people, somebody came to the refrigerator and got some juice out. From what I saw, they were private rooms and each had its own decoration. One of them had a really bright pink comforter and some stuff on the walls, so I think they can personalize their rooms. They have apartments, too -- that was the independent living area. The building is 3 stories tall and there are a couple of different wings.

June 17, 2014

By Bobbie5

Cascades of the Sierra really stood out. The rooms were roomy, and it was convenient in the way it was laid out, almost like your own place. Nice kitchens. It was very expensive. The staff was very nice, very friendly, very helpful. We had food and it was wonderful. They have exercises. They have their own beauty salon, everything that you could possibly want. They play bingo, games, and cards. Everything was very nice, very well put together. We just liked the atmosphere of Cascades.

May 30, 2014

By Dorothy42

We found a place for my mother-in-law at Cascades of the Sierra. It's a beautiful facility, and it is also very clean. It offered a lot of things for the residents. They do different types of exercise and swimming. They also have crafts. I know somebody comes in, and they do singing with an accordion. My mom-in-law has one bedroom, and it has a very nice, big bathroom. It also has a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave. The restaurant is excellent, and the food is good. It's just a wonderful place.

April 29, 2014

I like the Cascades of the Sierra, but it turned out not to be exactly what I thought it was. It’s clean, but it’s very expensive for what you get. The rooms have different sizes. The staff is nice, but they’re real pushy. They want to get a deposit real fast. It was just usual food, but if you eat too much, you have to pay more money. I just couldn’t believe it. They tell you all this is included, but it’s not really. They said they do have activities. After I really looked at it, I realized what it was really like.

October 14, 2013

By Lorraine22

My friend will be moving to the Cascade of the Sierra. Everything is really excellent. The facility is gorgeous and clean. The people that we deal with are really good. The have two excellent restaurants. They even have small bars with televisions. There are several different beautiful areas throughout the complex, where you can relax and read. They have a patio and a pool.

Independent Living Reviews for Cascades of the Sierra

August 17, 2016

By PLS111

Cascades was a very beautiful place, but it’s out so far from anything that you have to get a car to go anywhere. They had two restaurants, gave you a budget of $500 to eat, and had a regular menu that you choose from. They had fillet mignon at $19.95, so you would literally eat up $500 in a short time, so I didn’t like the setup. The rooms were fine, and the staff that took us around was very nice. The pool was wonderful; I would have loved to stay there for the pool. They had many amenities and a bar, and the people were more active.

March 21, 2016

By Dee26

Cascades of the Sierra is a very beautiful place on the inside. It has a swimming pool with warm saltwater and is completely covered. The staff is excellent. The rooms are big and the whole place is well managed. Davis, the manager, runs the place with an iron fist. It's absolutely immaculate. The woodwork is nice and has a very lodge-like feeling. It's not what you think of for a senior community. It's high-class. When we were there, my husband and I liked playing cards. They also have bingo and a little golf putting area. Their exercise room is huge and has staff all day that help you with the exercise equipment and rehabilitation.

October 07, 2014

By Bob95128750

The Cascades of the Sierra is fairly new, and that was the best of any of them. It had all kinds of stuff going on. Wednesday was for bridge, and Tuesday was for pinnacle; and it went on and on with all kinds of stuff. They had very nice apartments. It not only had a full kitchen and then it had a washer and dryer in every single facility. They priced me right out of business; there is now way I could stay there. They had separate dining rooms and all that stuff, swimming pools; they got everything. If you got the money, that is the place to go.

January 31, 2014

I found a place for my mom. It's called Cascades of the Sierra. It's really close to me. My mom is independent but she still likes when I'm there all the time. I can be there at the drop of the hat, so that's why I picked that one. Also this one seems to work out okay for us. My first impression of it was that it was like a hotel or a stationary cruise ship, it's really nice. The staff seems good. Everyone remembers their residents' names, so that always makes it nice. Regarding accommodations, my mom first went into their assisted living room. It was a small one-bedroom unit. It only had a kitchenette. It did have microwave and a refrigerator and a small sink. She was very unhappy there. She then moved into a regular independent apartment. It's about 400 to 500 square feet. It's a very nicely laid out apartment. The kitchen is bigger than the condo that she moved from, so that's really nice. It has everything that you would need in an apartment. It has nice big window in the bedroom and the living room. There is a sliding glass door to go out onto a patio.

January 20, 2014

By caring00027

My mother will be moving into the Cascades of the Sierra this coming October. We decided on this community because it has everything. Also, my mom likes the apartment a lot. Their apartments don't smell like an old person. We went to another facility before this one and their rooms smelled like antiseptic. The staff working in Cascades is amazing. The residents living there are great. My mom can easily make friends with the independent living people and she can still eat with them even if she goes in the assisted living. Their facilities are not segregated like some other facilities I visited. I don't like that. I would definitely tell others about this place.

About Cascades of the Sierra

Cascades of the Sierra is a senior living provider in Sparks, Nevada that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact Cascades of the Sierra for more details on services and rates.

Map of Cascades of the Sierra