Brookdale Sparks Sparks, NV

Reviews of Brookdale Sparks

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Sparks

February 26, 2017

By Linda121712

We checked out the independent living section of Brookdale, and we enjoyed their facilities. This was probably the one we'll go for. The price range was very nice.

November 01, 2016

By Jenny501215

Brookdale Sparks's staff was probably the nicest people that we ran into. The building is 35 years old, but it was in fairly good condition. There was a lady who gave us permission to see her apartment, and it was probably the biggest one we saw, but then again it's close to $4000, and they add on for this and for that. They had an open dining room where you can go in and eat anytime. The rooms were on the outside of the building, and there were little areas where you can sit and read or watch TV.

January 27, 2016

By Caring Friend7

We went to Brookdale Sparks. We were very impressed with the facility and the people. We tried the meal and it was very tasty.

January 15, 2016

By K. W

We already placed my dad in Brookdale Sparks. It’s small, has a great reputation, and is in a good location for my mother to go and visit my dad. The staff is fantastic. They give us updates; if we’re not calling them, they’re calling us, whether it’s positive or negative. I can’t say enough about them. He really likes the food, so he thinks it’s great. They have activities all of the time, like a walking club, daily exercise, and people that come in to entertain. For Christmas, they had several things going on, like a brunch, some kids came in and sang music, and another group of adults came in that did Christmas caroling, so it was really nice.

December 21, 2015

By Leslie87355750

We moved my mom to Brookdale Sparks. We are very happy with the accommodation that she has. We chose it because it is affordable for her. It is expensive, but she is able to get a nice room with a nice view and all of that for an amount that she can afford, so that is a big part of it. We also like the fact that it is smaller. It is an independent living community. We also like that they serve meals 24 hours a day, so if she is to miss a meal for some reason or another, she will be able to go down and eat anytime of the day. We like that feature about it, and it is working out very nicely for her so far. It is nice and clean. The people are very friendly. It is pretty good. It lives up to what they tell us going to happen, and she is comfortable there, which is good.

October 15, 2015

Brookdale Sparks was beautiful, but I didn't feel as warm and fuzzy there. I didn't have a really good feeling. The room and the dining area were all beautiful, but I wouldn't say they were any better than my mom's room where she is. I can't complain about the food; it was tasty. They were not as accommodating or friendly, but were like hands off type of people. They ask you what you needed, but there wasn’t a lot of like "can we help you or can we do anything for you" type of atmosphere. It wasn't anything like that. I know they had Bingo because they showed us the Bingo room. They told us that they had weekly and daily activities and some exercise programs, and they take them to their doctors.

September 07, 2015

Brookdale Vista (Formerly Wynwood of Sparks) was nice. They were very friendly, they showed us around, and it looked like they had a good meal program. They invited us to have a meal, but we passed on that. They just gave my friend a pie to take home. They had an exercise activity and various games during the day for the people that live there to participate in. The staff was very good and very helpful, and I enjoyed talking with them. As for the rooms, they seemed to be a little crowded for us and don't let a lot of light in. There were smaller window type openings.

July 28, 2015

By Kristine10

The apartment units of Brookdale Sparks (formerly Villas of Sparks) were wonderful. I just thought it was a really nice place, but my parents need a little more care than independent. The entire experience was lovely. Nice person, professional, and sweet. The only thing that I would say about this place is the rooms were really small. They are total pack rats, they have all kinds of stuff, and they would have to pretty much get rid of everything. I was really impressed. I want to move in myself.

Photos of Brookdale Sparks

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Brookdale Sparks

brookdale.com

Brookdale Sparks provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

We offer unlimited meals and all day dining. We are conveniently located near a major medical center, shopping, and Interstate 80. We are a small, active, exclusive IL community with all the comforts of home and a warm caring staff. You will enjoy elegant accommodations, housekeeping, stimulating activities and socialization!!

Map of Brookdale Sparks