Highgate at Billings

Reviews of Highgate at Billings

Assisted Living Reviews for Highgate at Billings

December 07, 2017

By guest 125

My parents have been here almost 9 months. They have adjusted well and the staff is caring and informative.

November 08, 2017

By guest121

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Also during my visit I noticed the cleanliness of the building and fun activities that were going on for the residents.

September 11, 2017

By Jacque's Daughter

My mom has been at Highgate for about a year and I am so happy with our decision for her to live there. The staff is so caring, friendly and nice. They often they go far out of their way to make her comfortable and safe. This allows me to feel at ease that she is well taken care of and know that they will notify me of anything that comes up but they will also help in that situation knowing I can't always be there. The staff is flexible and can make changes to her care plan depending on how she is doing at the time. There are interesting, fun and different activities for my mom to participate in if she chooses. I absolutely recommend Highgate!

September 09, 2017

By Shawna124

Everyone I have talked to and interacted with at Highgate Senior Living has been very nice, caring, and understanding. They listened to my family's particular situation and worked to make the transition for my mom as stress-free as possible. They answered all of my questions, even when I asked them several times.

August 11, 2017

By Ddodneal

We do not have a five star restaurant, but the food is getting better. Renee is special and treats everyone the same. The backyard needs attention. Otherwise, I really like this place.

December 16, 2016

By Lawver and Brim

Our Mom went into Highgate with moderate Alzheimer's in November 2015. There was a lot of turmoil from family members that were trying to interfere in the process of the doctor's diagnosis. Highgate was well aware of the problems and communicated with us on a regular basis when her care was being interfered with. They kept her safe and secure and helped us take a huge load off our minds until our guardianship hearing was scheduled and decisions made in support of our petition. They are very professional, but also treat the residents like very well known acquaintances, knowing their likes and dislikes. We also like that the cottage section is so nicely decorated and the residents there seem happy as well, as eventually our mother will need to be moved at some time. Being assured that they are watching that she doesn't take off out the door, re-direct the things that she seems to obsess on and taking that care on for us makes all the difference.

October 23, 2016

By cooney-hayes

We were very pleased with Highgate Senior Living Memory Care Cottages. There was always a caregiver close by who would assist with the issue at the moment. Our family member had a bright, cheerful room. Unfortunately, he suffered a severe stroke and was confined to his bed for most of his stay at Highgate, but the staff were diligent in caring for him at all times. We are very fortunate that he was able to get a room in the Memory Care unit after being in another facility for a few years. The service and food there in no way matches that of Highgate. We are appreciative of everything that was done.

July 19, 2016

By Son of HIGHGATE resident

In Sept. 2015, we moved my mother into Highgate. She had been depressed, not eating well and sleeping about 24 hours/day. After 2 weeks at Highgate, she was back to eating well and socializing to some extent. Because of the staff, she became more active and sleeping less. She broke her hip in Dec. 2015, rehabed for 6 weeks with her motivation being to get back to Highgate. She is currently thriving and getting stronger everyday. Now she is smiling constantly, feeling well and very active. Her medications are administered correctly and she looks forward to each day. I attribute this to the well prepared meals, proper medication, a well planned activities program, and a smiling staff everywhere you look.

July 09, 2016

By hdb39

My 90 year old parents have lived at Highgate for the past year after several years in an assisted living facility in another part of Montana and for the past 3 years in another facility in Billings. The memory loss of Mom requires more nursing attention, whereas my father's physical ailments, ie arthritis, continence, and other issues have also required increased attention. Highgate's staff has met the challenges. Biggest complaint is that the food is too institutional - more vairety and less pasta and fish would be appreciated.

June 10, 2016

By 1st daughter

Excellent staff who genuinely care about the residents. The food, however, could be better tasting and more varied. Too many meals are casserole type meals that rely too heavily on pasta & hamburger filled in with canned peas, green beans, & corn. It's sad when one has to use ketchup to add flavor to the dish. Recommend they vary the vegetables & entres more & use more herbs & spices to flavor the menu items.

January 01, 2016

By Eleanor17

HIghgate was very nice. They had a swimming pool, and you could go and come as you please. There were very nice, brand-new rooms that have been there just a year or two, and they clean your room once a week. They're all on the ground level, so each apartment had a door to the outside for your dog or a cat or whatever because they allow pets.

December 10, 2015

By Daughter Lottie

My dear mother moved into Highgate a year ago from another facility in Montana to be closer to family. The past year has been a wonderful and rewarding year for my mom. The staff at Highgate has treated her with so much compassion and care...words can not express what this means to us as a family. I know if I have any concerns or questions they will be dealt with quickly and with understanding. I enjoy going to Highgate to visit mom and have them share with me a personal observation they made while being involved with her and the activities at Highgate. Mom is always telling me...."this is a great place to live and everyone is so kind". To us, that says it all!

September 29, 2015

By Great move

I moved my mom to Highgate Senior Living from another facility and I am so glad I did. I have peace of mind knowing that the staff genuinely care about Mom's well being. Rather than treat her as an inconvenience, which is what I felt at the first place, they show kindness, concern and compassion. I never hesitate to call with questions because I know they encourage open communication. That to me is so important. Very satisfied!!

Thank you for your kind review.

July 01, 2013

By HappyGirl444

My grandma has lived at Highgate for a couple of years now. She is mostly independent and doesn't require a great deal of care - but the few times she has needed help our family has been impressed! I am always so happy to see how many friends she has made and how busy her "social" life is at the age of 91. Their seems to ALWAYS be activities going on! She loves going down to 3 meals a day and sitting with her "table mates" as she calls them! She always comments about how good the food is and we've enjoyed going to "Family Nights" and enjoying the food too! The care staff, front desk, managers - everyone seems dialed in on what's happening around there. Most everyone knows me by my first name -- it's a warm and welcoming place, smells good, and feels cheery. We are blessed to have my grandma there!

October 29, 2012

By FormerMTguy

The facilities are excellent. The outside is especially well kept with plenty of trees and a nice, fresh cut lawn. When I first walked in, I was wary of what to expect. I have been to other nursing homes and they are a very somber, depressing atmosphere. There was a noticeable difference at Highgate. I immediately noticed a game night activity of some sort going on with a lot of seniors participating. The gentleman I talked to about WWII said (off record) that he actually enjoyed the place sometimes. He is completely coherent but unable to talk full care of himself. He said the staff was helpful and friendly. I couldnt agree more as a passerby. The staff was excellent, the facilities looked great, and the atmosphere was upbeat. My great grandmother was also here for a period of time. She was not as coherent, but still seemed well taken care of. Every time I dropped by for a random visit she was in great condition as far as cleanliness and attitude. Thanks, Highgate. Keep up the great work.

About Highgate at Billings

Highgate at Billings is a senior living provider in Billings, Montana that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Highgate at Billings for more details on services and rates.

Map of Highgate at Billings