Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Reviews of Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Memory Care Reviews for Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

September 18, 2014

By mwc

My mother was a resident of Canyon Creek for over a year. Shortly after moving her there from an assisted living facility that did not specialize in memory care, Mom displayed a marked improvement in her overall demeanor. She seemed much more relaxed and happy than she had been previously. I attribute this to the excellent training of the staff at Canyon Creek. The caregivers there were all kind, caring, and supportive of my mother and our family. They made every effort to respond promptly to any of our concerns, reached out by phone frequently when needed to inform us of care needs, and treated her and us with respect. If I were again faced with the decision of where my mother would be safest and best cared for, I would choose Canyon Creek without hesitation.

August 01, 2014

By NJP*

We utilized Canyon Creek Memory Care Facility in Billings for their respite care services. We needed a place for our mom to stay for 5 days while we attended a convention out of town. We were very specific in working with my mom's doctor and Canyon Creek staff to ensure her medication orders came through accurately and were received prior to our family leaving town. We left on a Thursday morning and on Saturday mid-day I called to see how my mom's visit was so far. When she got on the phone, I could tell something was wrong. She said she was sick and in bed. I asked her if she had been getting her medicine and she said she had not. My husband then called and talked with a nurse, who after some digging through records, told us that the order from the doctor with her medication directives, had been misfiled and that she had not been receiving her medication. We were not only shocked by the negligence but horrified at the mental and physical condition this had put my mom in. When we returned to Billings and picked up my mom, there was no acknowledgement that any mistake had happened and of course no apology. I was told repeatedly that the executive director would call me back and I have never heard from him. My mom voiced other concerns such as, the staff was warm and friendly while visitors were there, but when it was just the staff with patients, the staff was rude and treated the patients like small children, even ignoring their requests at times. This facility is very beautiful in appearance but the care for my mom was not only unacceptable, it was negligent.

We, at Canyon Creek Inn are genuinely sorry for this unfortunate situation and express our apologies to the family involved. Transitioning into a new environment for a short-term stay requires the utmost coordination for our residents and especially those with memory loss. At Canyon Creek we are committed to detailed and accurate medication management and we utilize written records that have been reviewed by the state with zero deficiencies. Fortunately, this particular situation was remedied immediately upon notification and remained consistent for the remainder of the resident’s stay. The Executive Director did meet with a member of the family following the incident and will not be charging the family for the stay. Our staff is passionate about helping both residents and family members feel comfortable in their new surroundings, and we take seriously their trust in the care provided by our professional staff.

September 16, 2012

By BeccaSue

My mom was in a previous facility that did not care for her properly. When my father made the final decision to move her to Canyon Creek Memory Care he was nervous but knew she deserved better care. The staff at Canyon Creek Memory Care took the time needed to talk to us as a family, explaining the transition period and what to expect. The move went very well. We have found the staff to be gentle, caring and attentive to her needs. She receives regular HOT meals and nutritious snacks. We have been very happy with the care she is currently receiving.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Costs for Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Photos of Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Services and Amenities of Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

• Fee Structure Extra: $2000 Community Fee

• Housing Extra: Private & Semi Private Studios

About Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Canyon Creek Memory Care Community is a Koelsch Community. With a 55+ year reputation, Koelsch Communities has become a trusted name in Memory Care. If your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, Dementia or another form of memory loss, we offer specialized support and activities designed specifically for this challenging diagnosis.

Our professional staff is trained and ready 24/7 to serve your loved one. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of our residents with dignity, respect and dependability. Because memory loss reveals itself differently in each person, we offer a variety of activities along with a care plan designed especially for the unique needs of each person. While caring for our residents, we give attention to family members as well by offering support groups for caregivers and regular all-family events within our communities. Canyon Creek staff is passionate about serving your family!

Canyon Creek offers an abundance of amenities and services designed to keep our seniors healthy and happy in a beautifully appointed and secured environment. These amenities and services are included in daily fees:

• 24-hour on-site licensed nurses
  • Specially trained dementia caregivers
  • Complete medication service by licensed nurses
  • Diabetic management program
  • Three home-style nutritious meals every day
  • Refreshments available anytime 24 hours a day
  • Activities and exercise programs every day facilitated by dedicated staff specifically designed for those with memory loss
  • Scheduled social outings on our wheelchair accessible bus
  • Personal laundry services
  • Housekeeping and linen service
  • Scheduled transportation to appointments & escorts available (fee may apply)
  • Hourly and respite care

Since 1958 we have advocated for quality of life in senior living and continue to lead the senior housing industry with licensed and professional, 24/7 staff, a caring atmosphere, comfortable lifestyle, excellence in health care, and unsurpassed customer service.

Map of Canyon Creek Memory Care Community