Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Reviews of Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Memory Care Reviews for Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

August 01, 2014

By NJP*

We utilized Canyon Creek Memory Care Facility in Billings for their respite care services. We needed a place for our mom to stay for 5 days while we attended a convention out of town. We were very specific in working with my mom's doctor and Canyon Creek staff to ensure her medication orders came through accurately and were received prior to our family leaving town. We left on a Thursday morning and on Saturday mid-day I called to see how my mom's visit was so far. When she got on the phone, I could tell something was wrong. She said she was sick and in bed. I asked her if she had been getting her medicine and she said she had not. My husband then called and talked with a nurse, who after some digging through records, told us that the order from the doctor with her medication directives, had been misfiled and that she had not been receiving her medication. We were not only shocked by the negligence but horrified at the mental and physical condition this had put my mom in. When we returned to Billings and picked up my mom, there was no acknowledgement that any mistake had happened and of course no apology. I was told repeatedly that the executive director would call me back and I have never heard from him. My mom voiced other concerns such as, the staff was warm and friendly while visitors were there, but when it was just the staff with patients, the staff was rude and treated the patients like small children, even ignoring their requests at times. This facility is very beautiful in appearance but the care for my mom was not only unacceptable, it was negligent.

We, at Canyon Creek Inn are genuinely sorry for this unfortunate situation and express our apologies to the family involved. Transitioning into a new environment for a short-term stay requires the utmost coordination for our residents and especially those with memory loss. At Canyon Creek we are committed to detailed and accurate medication management and we utilize written records that have been reviewed by the state with zero deficiencies. Fortunately, this particular situation was remedied immediately upon notification and remained consistent for the remainder of the resident’s stay. The Executive Director did meet with a member of the family following the incident and will not be charging the family for the stay. Our staff is passionate about helping both residents and family members feel comfortable in their new surroundings, and we take seriously their trust in the care provided by our professional staff.

September 16, 2012

By BeccaSue

My mom was in a previous facility that did not care for her properly. When my father made the final decision to move her to Canyon Creek Memory Care he was nervous but knew she deserved better care. The staff at Canyon Creek Memory Care took the time needed to talk to us as a family, explaining the transition period and what to expect. The move went very well. We have found the staff to be gentle, caring and attentive to her needs. She receives regular HOT meals and nutritious snacks. We have been very happy with the care she is currently receiving.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid

• Licenses: Memory Care

About Canyon Creek Memory Care Community

Imagine your loved one thriving at Canyon Creek, where they will be treated like family. Warmth, respect and compassion abound in our beautiful and secured environment. By providing personalized memory care, we enhance the lives of our seniors, and provide peace of mind for their families.

Canyon Creek offers an abundance of amenities and services designed to keep our seniors healthy and happy in a beautifully appointed, secured environment.

Map of Canyon Creek Memory Care Community