West Woods of Niles

Reviews of West Woods of Niles

Nursing Home Reviews for West Woods of Niles

March 16, 2012

By grateful granddaughter

My grandmother has been at this facility twice, both times for care and rehab after hospital stays. The facility was very clean and orderly. The caregivers treated my grandmother well, and were very patient with her, even though she had a tendency to ask the inappropriate questions (such as how long they had been in the country, and if they had spoken English before they came here or not.Awkward!). The man that was in charge of her rehab was especially kind, according to my grandmother (I did not have the chance to meet him). She told me that even though the exercises hurt her, she couldn't stay mad at him because he was so nice and made her laugh. Something did happen once while I was visiting, that I thought was a little bit alarming. I was visiting with my grandma in her room, and I could hear a man in a room down the hall hollering 'help'. I did not see any nurses or staff members go check on him. I asked my grandma if he yelled like that often, even if he didn't need help, and she said that she had heard him yell before. I thought that even if he frequently "cried wolf", someone should have went to check on him regardless, as something could have happened to him and he could have really needed help. I think having an extra aid on the floor would have helped alleviate that situation. All in all, I would recommend this facility to someone seeking a nursing home for a family member. The residents seemed happy and seemed to have good rapport with the staff and each other. My mother and sister both visited grandma often and became friends with several of the staff and other residents. My sister especially enjoyed the bird and cat that were there to keep the residents company. I am grateful to this facility for treating my grandmother with compassion and dignity during a difficult time and getting her prepared to return home.

February 29, 2012

By BBCaring29

Other

My Mom stayed here for a short time following an operation. She initially returned to her apartment, But developed a bladder infection. I knew she wasn't doing well at all on her own caring for herself. It's a nice facility. But it is over priced. $7,000.00 per month for a bed! Gimme a break! She ultimately couldn't afford it on Medicare.

May 21, 2009

By vicki shields

My loved one stayed here

This facility is 5 stars! From the facility entrance to the rooms to the theraphists, to all the employers there is not one thing that I could say needed improvement. When I left my father for the night I was completely confident that he was receiving the best care available in Niles. Highly recommend to anyone for their loved one. You will not walk out and wonder what treatment they will receive when you can not be the one with them.

Services and Amenities of West Woods of Niles

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About West Woods of Niles

West Woods of Niles is a senior living provider in Niles, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact West Woods of Niles for more details on services and rates.

Map of West Woods of Niles