Brittany Manor

Reviews of Brittany Manor

Nursing Home Reviews for Brittany Manor

January 03, 2020

By CaringCaregiver

Brittany Manor had some construction work that wasn't finished. Everybody was in their wheelchairs around the nurses' station and one of them said they were gathered up there because the rooms were cold. The rooms were doubles, which I didn't like. I didn't see food or activities. I didn't see anybody doing anything. I wasn't pleased at all. The staff was nice, but they were understaffed.

December 09, 2018

By Jim Marshall

Beware of this place. One of my parents had to have care here while having rehabilitation after a small stroke and fall. Even after this incident, my parent was till kind, polite, and aside from a small speech defect, was very oriented and reasonable. The staff would spend the least amount of time possible interacting with the patients/clients. One evening, when handing out medication, my parent said "I believe I should be getting another dose of [this] medication". The nurse said quite abruptly "Thats what you have ordered and thats what you get". Only the next day when the same thing happened, I asked they recheck my parents prescriptions as they had another prescription for an additional dose of [this] medication. 30 minutes later, the nurse returned with a small cup and the additional medication stating "Here is the rest of your medication!" and left without offering water, etc. The nursing and medical assistant staff seem to be antagonistic to all the patients, a real "us vs them" mentality. Food is really bad, likened by my parent to the "slop they served in the army 70 years ago". Also, the staff expects these clients to be able to request what they want without any menus, suggestions, or even kindness for those who can make it to the dining hall. One bright spot is the PT and OT. They seem to be contracted from an outside source and were professional, through, and kind. Think carefully before you send any loved one to this place. Check often on how they are being treated; the lip service given by staff may be false. I do not have an axe to grind here, but as a physician, I do know Brittany Manor is in serious need of improvement. There is a reason for the poor reviews, and does your loved one deserve this type of treatment at a vulnerable time of their life?

January 29, 2018

By Janet

Brittany Manor's people are very caring, even some of the nurses and aides who aren't working that particularly day with my husband would come in and say hi to them. The rooms are quite clean, nice, and spacious. I was surprised because I thought they'd be a little bit smaller. The location is fine and the grounds looked nice, with a fence so people who can walk and want to go outside are able to. They actually give people a choice of what they can eat. The food looks appealing and if I want to eat, they'd bring me a tray of whatever the others are eating. The place is gorgeous.

Services and Amenities of Brittany Manor

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Brittany Manor

Brittany Manor is a senior living provider in Midland, Michigan that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Brittany Manor for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brittany Manor