The Linden at Dedham

The Linden at Dedham (800) 385-2527

Reviews of The Linden at Dedham

Assisted Living Reviews for The Linden at Dedham

April 13, 2015

As any of these businesses, they were very nice to me at the Emeritus at Wilson Mountain. I had lunch at a separate table in the dining room, that was pleasant, and they showed me several of the rooms. I noticed that they were ripping up the walls and everything, and they said that they were doing a large renovation throughout the whole place. So it looked very bare; there was nothing on the walls -- horrible. Then, they took me into one of the empty living spaces, and the first one was extremely small. It was a studio, and there was a bathroom, a little microwave, a lock-safe, and everything else. What I have to say about those particular things that they were raving about was -- there I was in a wheelchair, not being able to stand, and the microwave was way up high. How could I reach that? The little safe that they had was way down on the floor. I couldn't reach that sitting in a wheelchair. And then, I looked at the bathroom and I said, "Look, I cannot go to the toilet in an ordinary way. I have to roll my wheelchair into the bathroom and have support on both sides of the toilet not just on one side." So I couldn't go to the toilet there. They cannot advertise themselves as handicapped accessible; they are not. They are accessible for some handicapped, but not for me who is in a wheelchair and cannot stand or walk. Then, they showed me another place, which they had combined a studio apartment with a one-bedroom apartment. It looked fine, empty, and there was good light, but as soon as you would start putting in a little furniture, it would be too crowded for me. They were very nice, and when I left, which really surprised me, they ran after me and gave me a homemade apple pie to take home.

We are very sorry to hear Emeritus at Wilson Mountain did not meet your expectations. We are undergoing a renovation and are excited about improvements that are being made throughout the community. We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to see our progress!

April 07, 2015

By FLUFFY170

So the facility is very nice. Very misleading though about long term care and transition into memory care. Promised a "pace" bed and it never happened. Staff and administration turn over is very high. during the three years, the administration has turned over 4X. Doors do not lock due to an alleged building code and they do not reveal this. I would recommend this facility for a very independent person, not someone who has Dementia or Alzheimer's, they are not equipped to handle it.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

November 15, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Wilson Mountain. On my first visit, I was able to meet the case manager. They gave me literature information, and I was mostly interested in the short-term respite program like a month-to-month respite. Outside it was very neat and clean. The dining room I saw and the lobby were very well maintained. The staff was multi-cultural. They had a structured schedule for the seniors and clients. They had meals. They had medication management. They had a small pharmacy on site. They also had transportation. It was a very upscale and very impressive site.

September 16, 2014

I liked the Emeritus at Wilson Mountain very much, but what I did not like is they continually contacted me afterwards to the point of harassment almost. Everything was very nice, and I loved it. It was clean, caring, and well-equipped. There were a lot of activities, and they had very nice spaces, like the eating room and the kitchen. Of all the places we looked at, we liked this one the best.

February 27, 2014

By Ann41

The staff is wonderful at Emeritus Wilson Mountain. My friend is safe. It meets everything that she need. She's well cared for and fed with wonderful food. It was a perfect place for her. The rooms are lovely. The first place she had had a living room and bedroom. It was beautiful. Now, she's in memory care, which is equally as nice but a little smaller. They have everything and anything that they're interested in. If they like to cook, if they want to get on the computer, they encourage them to do what they like. They're also welcoming and it's a lovely facility. It's clean, bright, it's happy. It's everything you'd want.

January 31, 2014

By Don27

Emeritus at Wilson Mountain was as nice as any other facilities. Their staff was fine; they answered any questions I had. The rooms seemed adequate. Overall, the facility seemed adequate and there wasn't anything extraordinary about their price. However, it was too far away from my sister's house and that was the only problem we had with it.

January 31, 2014

I did like Emeritus At Wilson Mountain. I thought it was a very nice facility. It was expensive though. It costs a lot of money to go there, so we didn't really choose that, but it would have been closer for me. I really considered going there. It was a beautiful building and it was more than I expected. It was also very modern and very nice inside. The rooms were beautiful. They were very well appointed but you have to bring your own furniture in. The dining room was nice. For activities, they did have exercise equipment which was very nice I think. The folks were very pleasant and friendly. When I visited, the staff was very nice, very good, very professional and very caring and informative. I thought they did a nice job.

September 26, 2013

By Martha19

I went to see Emeritus at Wilson Mountain. Everything was very good. The place is nice and clean. The staff were very nice and friendly. The only thing I did not like is that I noticed a lady with a bully character.

July 28, 2011

By Clinical Social Worker 7

This facility offers assisted living and no additional kinds of care, although there is a separate locked memory care unit. The outside is pleasant in woodsy area, and ample parking is available for visitors. The facility is well maintained, both inside and out. The food is decent, although gets no rave reviews from the residents there. There are still some unknowns about the place, which was formerly known as Brighton Gardens, but changed hands about a year or so. Traditionally, there is an adjustment period that may include some kinks; those considering living here should press the new management for any details of housing and care that may concern them. There has already been one improvement: When this facility was Brighton Gardens, the staff members were not very communicative with outside care providers and family members"”and that has gotten better. For example, they now seem to feel it's beneficial for them to know what they're getting when patients are released to them from the hospital, so make much more of an effort to get details on care and conditions. But some complain that there is a tendency to keep the residents too long in assisted living, when they really require more care than can be provided there. Once more care is required, people may simply be better off in another facility that offers more intensive care. So Emeritus at Wilson Mountain may be the best fit for residents who are fairly independent and in good health. The price point is lower than for some other comparable facilities in the area.

Memory Care Reviews for The Linden at Dedham

About The Linden at Dedham

The Linden at Dedham is a senior living provider in Dedham, Massachusetts that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact The Linden at Dedham for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Linden at Dedham