Arden Courts of Potomac

Reviews of Arden Courts of Potomac

Memory Care Reviews for Arden Courts of Potomac

May 10, 2016

By JonathanWRECD

I like Arden Courts of Potomac well enough. The place is OK, and I don’t have any problems with the facility, though my wife needs a nursing assistant all of the time which is an additional cost for me. The rooms are OK but a little small. The residents look reasonably contented. The staff seems to be taking good care of them.

November 24, 2015

At Arden Courts of Potomac, I left my husband there for the day. He liked it. It was free just for a day so that you get to know the place. It was good. They had something with music happening, and he loves music. If residents don’t want to participate in activities, they don’t have to. This facility was not as big as other facilities, but it was very nice. My husband was just there during the day in the common room where they had their activities.

February 28, 2014

The one I like the best was Arden Courts. I just like the simple layout of the design for Alzheimer's people. The whole building was set up like an elementary school. Hallways were color-coded and signs were colorful. Residents there seemed to have freedom to move around; there was an outside area there that they could enjoy. That's why I like that one. I also like the routine that they get their residents into.

June 20, 2012

By Arden Courts1

The Arden Courts facility is a small assisted living home with four separate wings that each resident is assigned to. They have small gardens in between each wing to sit around during the Spring and Summer time. I have been there many times to visit my grandfather who is a current resident. The staff members at Arden Courts are very helpful to the residents and provide them with all the assistance that they need. Each day there is a schedule of different events and activities for the residents to participate in, as well as daily meals. Some of the activities include singing, board games, movie showings, and holiday celebrations. Each week the staff honors a "Resident of the Week" which entails a display of pictures of the resident with their family and friends and a party at the end of the week. It is a wonderful facility to visit and see family members have a good time.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Arden Courts of Potomac

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Every employee completes an Alzheimer’s and dementia training course which has been certified by the Alzheimer’s Association. They also receive regular in-services to ensure they have the most up-to-date knowledge on the latest dementia caregiving practices.

What programs or activities does Arden Courts of Potomac offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Arden Courts provides a wide array of success-oriented programming scheduled all throughout the day, 7-days a week. Our programs are tailored to match each resident’s cognitive and physical capabilities and are specifically designed to engage our residents, provide socialization opportunities, and increase their self-esteem.

Our employees partner with medical professionals and family members to develop a personalized care plan for each resident which is adjusted as necessary. Nurses are on staff 24/7.

What techniques does Arden Courts of Potomac use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our employees are specially trained and use time-tested dementia caregiving techniques to help our residents enjoy their mealtimes and receive appropriate nutrition. Our residents also enjoy their meals in our smaller neighborhood dining rooms. This smaller environment helps to reduce agitation and anxiety in our residents and provides opportunities to socialize with friends over a good meal.

How does Arden Courts of Potomac keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Family members are updated with any change in condition or change in the resident’s service plan by the Arden Courts leadership team and nursing staff. We also address any concerns our family members have about their loved ones during daily interactions.

Describe the neighborhood around Arden Courts of Potomac. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Arden Courts is a stand-alone memory care community nestled in residential areas. The community also has safe and secure landscaped walking paths and courtyards so our residents can exercise, enjoy the beauty of the outdoors or sit and chat with friends.

Is Arden Courts of Potomac affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Arden Courts partners with many healthcare professionals and hospital systems.

Costs for Arden Courts of Potomac

• Credit Card
  • Check

• State Licenses: 15al10398-F

About Arden Courts of Potomac

Over 25 years of experience to provide a unique approach to caregiving. Arden Courts was created to help people living with memory loss enjoy residential living while receiving the professional assistance they need 24 hours a day.

• 24 hr Nursing Care
  • Weekly housekeeping, weekly laundry service and 3 meals a day.
  • Beauty and barber services
  • Medication management
  • Enclosed spacious courtyards offer safe walking paths, gardening.
  • Daily Activities, engaging residents
  • Community Physicians

The community is organized into four separate houses. Each house has it own living room area, dinning room, kitchen bath and laundry area.

one bedrooms (Single occupancy)
two bedrooms (double occupancy)

Map of Arden Courts of Potomac