Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center

February 08, 2018

By Cdejordy

My husband spent one week there. The rehab. was great but the nursing care was terrible. I went every day and there was a problem on each of those days. He was put in a Depends at 12:00 one night and when I went the next day at 1:00 he hadn't had it changed nor had he been washed. I don't believe they even checked him at all at night. He had labored breathing one morning and was sent to the hospital. He had a 103-degree temperature and died at the hospital. I have to say the nurses were very patient and caring to all the patients but that is not enough. They needed to respond to each person's needs, not a blanket treatment for all.

December 03, 2017

By EPetza

I am a continuing patient at this facility since May 2017. I was transferred from PGH by ambulance @1030am as soon as my diagnosis was confirmed for a stroke. I retained speech, expression & problem solving but motor skills were a problem. The compassionate and professional therapists were wonderful! I am currently being weaned off my walker using only my own poser - what miracle workers!!! As both an in-patient and outpatient, I received "5 STAR CARE". The food may not have been great, but how many different diets need to be accommodated?! I feel I am qualified to make this assessment since I practiced as a certified and then licensed Nuclear Medicine Tech from 1968-1995.

October 13, 2017

By natural alchemist

My mom is at this facility,she has been here since Feb 2017. I tried to take care of mom at home ,but her dementia was more than I could handle then. I visited many nursing/Rehab facilities before I choose Patuxent. Out of the 30 places that I visited only 2 seemed good. Patuxent and another facility in Odenton MD. We all know that no nursing home is going to be 100% on point in all areas. But we tried to find a place when we walk away we are not in tears or worried about our love one. When I leave mom I feel confident that mom is okay. The staff there to me are good people doing and trying to do the best they can . They always have fun activities for the residents. The staff are friendly and will stop what they are doing to listen and address your questions and concerns. The food is not bad ,especially those dinner rolls, mom makes me try it some times. The people in therapy are wonderful ,they have helped mom recover when I resolved to the mindset that she would never walk again or be able to use her right hand. I am very grateful. Liz in admin has been very helpful when I had questions concerning the finance. There are issues of concern like the ratio of cnas/patients. When there are fewer cna on duty the residents are not able to be attended to when needed. Which frustrate the resident ,family members and the on duty cna that is over worked. Maintenance addressing concerns on weekends seems to be an issue. I do not dismiss anyone's concern or experience because it is real ,I can only tell how I feel. I will informed the facility if I see something out of order that will affect any resident . In summary, when I leave mom ,I feel that she is safe and her concerns will be addressed.

January 22, 2017

By Concerned Family/Friend

I have a family member in this facility. I have been visiting my family member at this facility for over a year. They are understaffed in all areas. The patients are not being tended to on a regular basis, the food is terrible, the facility needs a lot of repairs done due to the age , when u walk in the front door it has a very strong ammonia & feces smell and the billing statement I received is unacceptable and does not give a break down of charges. It is a down right shame how the patients are neglected and uncared for. I believe that a proper inspection needs to be scheduled and completed as soon as possible before tragedy strikes.

August 12, 2016

By Caring_2644876

We first visited the facility without my grandmother, took a tour and were not impressed. Some of the patients were outside but it was a 95 degree day. A lot of the patients seemed ignored. My grandmother stayed here temporarily over a weekend. She came back home 5-10 pounds lighter (not good because she was already way underweight to begin with.) She was stiff, as if she hadn't had medications the entire time she was there. Her hair was a mess and she told me that they basically left her in her room the entire time to fend for herself. Her glasses were left behind and they refused to mail them to her home. Instead, we had to go back out (an hour drive) to pick them up. We went on a weekend. The facility was severely understaffed and there were only a handful of GNA's and nurses to take care of the whole entire facility. That's crazy. Some residents were left in the cafeteria to feed themselves but they obviously needed assistance (they probably had dementia based on behaviors.) I would never put another family member in this place ever again.

June 22, 2015

By Sethprime

My mother just had knee replacements at Laurel hospital and this rehab is across the street. This was actually one of the closest rehabs to us. this is by far one of the worst place I have ever been seen. This "rehab" is so unorganized. The two days I stayed there no staff too effort to listen to her. Her medications were given late, she was skipped for dinner and lunch, I'll say that again they did not give her lunch or dinner because they "didn't know" a patient was in the room. This rehab has bugs , and is very very unsanitary. I would highly recommend to save the life of your loved one and not send them here.

March 29, 2013

By Caring 0343

My father-in-law is getting therapy at Patuxent River Rehab and Nursing Home. He's learning how to groom himself and how to talk. However, he's not getting the treatment that he really needs to become self-sufficient. He stays in a sedated state when I know he can do better. There were a few times my wife and I were there and we didn't get a response from him. I think he feels much better when he's not sedated. He wants to get away from this place. They have some good people on staff but they're not doing all they can. I've also noticed that they seemed to care when we're there but who knows what happens in the middle of the night. They also seemed to be overwhelmed but I don't know if they're understaffed.

Services and Amenities of Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Laurel, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center